Chapter 29

Even though he was upset and so was I, us talking about it and not arguing made us closer. We were going to book a flight home that night, but we wanted two more days to ourselves and we wanted to enjoy Colorado.

We went out into town the next day and we had breakfast, lunch, and dinner out in public without getting stopped or questioned. We also went for a run together which was actually really relaxing and fun.

The last night we were there, jake took me out at night and we walked out by the mountains and looked at the stars. I was kind of scared about coyotes and every other wild animal Colorado had, but I felt safe with him and he didn't seem to worry about it.

The sky was beautiful. We could see different planets and there were so many stars in the sky that it was breath taking.

"This is so pretty. I wish it was like this back home. We see maybe one star with the city light pollution." I said and he nodded and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"It's beautiful." He said softly and kissed my cheek. I smiled weakly and rested my back against his chest.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said and I pointed to a star.

"I can't believe that this is real. It looks like a screen." I said and he rubbed my shoulders.

"I can't believe you're real." He said and I smiled weakly.

"Thanks." I chuckled and he smiled.

"Are you excited to go home?" I asked.

"No. I like being in the middle of nowhere with you. I love this. We can't do this at home." He said. I looked up at him from over my shoulder for a second and he kissed me. So passionately. I loved it. I turned around and wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and he held my waist as we kissed. We were away from everyone. Our security didn't even know we left our hotel room. We were happy.

"You know where this is going right?" He asked as he pulled away from me slowly.

"We're not having sex out here." I chuckled and he shook his head and grabbed something from his pocket.

"Not that." He said and he got down on one knee.

"Blaire, I know I don't always make things so easy in our relationship-but I love you. I want to get better with you. I want to have our babies running around in our future forever home. Will you marry me?" He asked and I had tears in my eyes.

"Jake." I cried and he smiled weakly and wiped his own tears on the sleeve of his shirt.

"Yes." I cried and he grabbed my hand. He slipped the ring on my finger as he stood up and he pulled me into him tightly.

"I love you." I cried and he kissed me.

"I love you too." He said and I cried into his chest. He held me tightly and I couldn't stop crying. Although we faught a lot and he didn't always treat me the best, I knew we loved each other and I knew that no matter what happened we'd always be together.

"Stop crying." He chuckled weakly and wiped under my eyes. I looked up at him and wiped his and we kissed for so long. As long as we could until we had to pull away to breathe.

"I feel like I've been with you for decades. I feel like I knew you when I first met you and we've gotten closer since. I'm so happy you're mine." He said and I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Can we have our wedding soon? I don't want to call you my fiancé. I want to call you my husband. I want to just settle down with you as soon as I can. Please." I said and he nodded.

"Can we sign prenups?" He asked and my jaw dropped at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Prenups? You're already thinking I'm going to divorce you and take your money?" I asked.

"No. I just want to do it as a precaution. Both of us. We need to make sure if anything ever happened that we agreed on it to being with and can't let it change just because we're mad at each other-I don't want to go into detail about it because I sound like a dick saying this just after I proposed." He sighed.

"You don't sound like a dick. We can talk about it more into detail when we have to do it." I said and wrapped my arms around him again and he held my head against his chest. His heart was racing. It was so cute how nervous he was proposing.

"I was scared you'd say no." He said and i looked up at him.

"Even if we were arguing I wouldn't have said no." I said and he tilted my chin up again and he kissed me softly.

"I wouldn't have wanted to do this anywhere else but right here." He said.

"It was perfect."