Chapter 31

I didn't get any texts or calls during the night and I slept decently considering I kept thinking about everything.

I woke up around 8am though, and jake was sound asleep. Of course. He was snoring so loud that I was pretty sure it was the reason I woke up.

"Jake." I mumbled and nudged his shoulder and all he did was just grunt and snore even louder.

"Jake." I repeated and I nudged him again and he flickered his eyes open.

"What?" He asked.

"Rachel didn't text me." I said.

"So then everything's fine. Relax." He mumbled sleepily and he pulled me back into him.

"But she would have texted me at least something." I said.

"You told her if anything happened. Nothing happened." He said and I sighed as he practically suffocated me with his arms and he squeezed me into him.

"Let go of me." I said.

"Stop worrying about it." He said.

"I need to text her." I said and right before I went to reach for my phone, it started ringing. At first I couldn't break out of jakes arms but eventually I did and answered it to Rachel.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Blaire-" she paused and she was literally sobbing on the phone. My eyes softened and I immediately sat up.

"What's wrong? Oh god she lost her memory didn't she. Oh god Rachel-"

"No." She cried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"She's gone." She cried and I cocked my head to the side for a second.

"What?" I asked.

"She's gone. The surgery was too much. She's gone." She repeated and I sat in the bed and I didn't say anything. I didn't say anything at all.

"Blaire-my entire family is here. I want you to be here-but right now isn't a good time. A lot is going on. I don't even know what my parents are going to do." She cried and I ran my fingers through my hair. I was speechless. I wanted to cry, but couldn't. I was just confused and I was in complete shock.

"No-I understand-" I paused and jake put his hand on my inner thigh and nuzzled into my lap. He didn't even have a clue what was going on.

"I love you. I love you so much, Rach. I can't even think straight right now. I'm so sorry." I said softly and I just heard her cries on the other end. I was so heartbroken. It felt like someone was stepping on my chest.

"I have to go." She said.

"Okay. I'll be there whenever you need me. I love you so much, Rachel." I said softly as I held back tears.

"I love you too." She cried and she hung up. I buried my face into my hands and jake sat up.

"She lost her memory?" He asked and I shook my head as I started bawling my eyes out.

"Babe." He said softly and I literally felt sick to my stomach. I hated it.

"She's gone." I cried and his eyes softened.

"What do you mean?" He asked softly.

"She's gone, jake." I cried even harder and he put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me into him. He lost his dad and I lost a best friend who was practically my sister all within three weeks. He held the back of my head as I sobbed into his neck and we didn't even say anything. It was the most heartbroken I had ever been.