Chapter 7

We both showed up to work the next morning together. He ended up staying at my place overnight again and it honestly made me so happy. I loved having him over and having his company. It seriously kept my mind off of other problems in my life I usually was focused on.

I walked into my office after making out with him in the elevator, and my heart sank as soon as I walked in.

"You and lover boy are back?" Skye asked as he sat in my desk with his feet kicked up.

"What?" I asked.

"You and lover boy? It's kind of obvious you were together yesterday. You both didn't come in. Apparently people around the office have been saying you two have been disappearing together lately. His car was here for like a day and yours wasn't. You two were also the last ones here on my first day." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You can get out of my office." I said.

"I literally texted you so many times to ask you to get together one night so we could talk about what my wife said. I just want to clear things up with you. You're beautiful and you're smart-please." He said.

"Get out. Get out or I'm getting Jake and he can get you out of our building completely." I said.

"Blaire-"

"Get the fuck out!" I screamed and everyone got silent throughout the building. You could hear a pin drop. The only noise was the sound of everyone's offices doors opening. Then jakes door opened. He peeked his head out and looked at me and realized it wasn't a joke to anyone and I was genuinely pissed off. He walked toward me and Skye quickly got up from my desk and smiled at Jake.

"I'm sorry about that sir. I was just talking to Blaire quickly and she took something I said the wrong way." He said and jake nodded slowly.

"So are you going to get the fuck out of her office or are you going to keep standing there sugar coating me?" Jake said and I didn't show any type of emotion, but on the inside I was smiling as hard as I could. It made me so happy. Jake never cursed at work. Even when he was mad at other employees in the past, I had never heard him say any type of curse word. He broke his rule with that. Skye walked out and glared at me and jake looked up at me.

"If there's a problem you call me. Don't scream in front of everyone, do you hear me? I don't need the drama in this office." He said.

"Jake." I said softly and he shook his head.

"I'll call you into my office later to talk about what just went on. I'll email you your tasks for today in five minutes." He said and he walked away and went back to his office. I was praying he wasn't mad at me and he was just mad at Skye.

* * *

"Blaire come to my office please." Jake said as I was on my 45 minute break. I sighed just right before I went to finally eat and I got up. I walked to his office and he was sitting there working on something but stopped when I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm not lecturing you or anything-what happened earlier?" He asked.

"I walked into my office and he was sitting at my desk with his feet kicked up he told me people were talking about you and me sneaking around the office lately-Jake I don't want people thinking anything between us is going on." I said and he narrowed his eyes.

"Hold on-what?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said and he grabbed his phone and he hit the intercom button.

"What are you-"

"Everyone to the break room now for a mandatory emergency meeting. This will be short and straight to the point so you can all go back to doing your work." He said and he hung the phone up after it sounded throughout the building.