Chapter 11

I woke up the next morning and Jake was laying beside me. I got him out of his dirty clothes, washed them for him, and cleaned the downstairs carpet and everything while he slept before I went to sleep the night before. I was surprised I woke up earlier than him, but he was also hungover. He was just in his boxers and he had his entire body touching mine.

"Jake." I said softly and he didn't even budge. His eyebrow was swollen and bruised, but his actual eye was fine. His lip was swollen from Skye though and his nose was cut.

"Jake." I repeated and nudged his shoulder and he grunted.

"Wake up." I said.

"Just give me five more minutes." He mumbled sleepily.

"Please get up. I want to talk to you." I said.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes.

"What?" I asked and he looked up at me sleepily.

"Are you pregnant? The last time a girl told me she had to talk to me, she was pregnant." He said and my eyes widened and he chuckled.

"It wasn't mine." He added and I nodded slowly and he went to kiss me but I stopped him.

"No. You need a shower and to brush your teeth before you even touch me." I said and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Did I throw up?" He asked.

"Yes. All over me. All over my floor, rug, couch. Everywhere." I said and his eyes softened.

"Oh-I'm Sorry." He said softly and I nodded.

"It's fine. I met brad too by the way. He seems nice." I said.

"Brad?" He asked.

"The cop." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"You fell last night and hit your eyebrow on the side of my table. You needed a few stitches. You also went unconscious after you hit your head and I thought you died. Thank god you didn't." I said.

"Yeah." He said and he sighed.

"I'm sorry. I really am." He said.

"You also told me you loved me." I said and he looked up at me.

"I don't." He said.

"You were pretty sure you did last night." I said.

"I was drunk." He said.

"That's what I told you. You just said you've loved me and wanted to tell me that when we were in your parents pool." I said and he shook his head.

"We haven't gotten to that point yet and I care about you but I don't love you. I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it." He said and I nodded.

"You don't need to apologize. I already knew you didn't mean it. I kept telling you to stop." I chuckled and rolled my eyes and he nodded.

"Yeah." He said and he got up out of my bed and he ran his fingers through his hair before going into my bathroom. He washed his face and used mouthwash to clean his mouth for the time being until he could go home to brush his teeth.

"Where are my clothes?" He asked.

"I washed them for you...you have some blood on your shirt. It stained." I said.

"Great." He mumbled and I handed him his clean clothes and he pulled his jeans on and he pulled the button up on himself but didn't button it.

"I have to go home. I need a shower and go get different clothes on-I'm so sorry about last night. Do you need help with cleaning up anything else before I leave?" He asked.