Chapter 35

It was jakes birthday and I woke him up in bed by kissing him at least a thousand times. I had breakfast made for him with coffee ready and still warm in the kitchen. I always remembered his birthday because at work I'd always have to plan for it, we always had a big party at the office for him and he'd end up going home with some model at the end of the night completely trashed. I guess I was his model. I also knew he thought I forgot about it. The best part and most excited thing was, I had a surprise birthday planned for him at his favorite bar in town. I also invited everyone from the office that he liked, Brad, his sister, his other friends that brad knew were going, and Rachel. Even though she wasn't 21, she could still have a good time and I could slip her some drinks.

He smiled against my lips and kissed me back and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Good morning birthday boy." I said and he put his hands on my hips as I straddled him.

"Good morning. You actually know my birthday?" He asked.

"Of course I know your birthday. Who do you think scheduled all your birthday parties?" I asked and he rubbed my back.

"What time is it? I thought I was going to have to tell you it was my birthday today." He chuckled and I smiled weakly and shook my head.

"Nope. You're getting old, Mr Sanders." I said and he chuckled.

"Mmm." He moaned softly and he patted my lower back with his hand.

"Are we saving the birthday sex for tonight? Or now?" He asked.

"Who said I was giving you birthday sex?" I asked.

"Me." He said and I chuckled. He smiled and cupped my cheek and I leaned down and kissed him again.

"Tonight. Let's make it special. Hold on-do you know when my birthday is?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

"When is it then?" I asked with a smirk and he laid there for a second with a look like he had no clue and my jaw dropped.

"Jacob Sanders." I warned and he chuckled.

"I'm kidding-It's May 24." He said and my eyes softened. He actually knew my birthday. I never told him it.

"Aw." I said.

"I paid attention to you a lot more than you thought I did. I've told you before that I've always cared and loved you. I watch little details about you and fell in love with you years ago. I figured out your birthday the first year I hired you and didn't forget it after." He said and I pouted my lip out and kissed him.

"Thank you for being the best person ever." I said.

"Mmm. That's you." He said and I kissed him again.

"You're not persuading me into anything-come on. I made you breakfast. Hopefully it's still warm now that you distracted me." I said.

"You made me breakfast?" He asked and I nodded.

"Pancakes, bacon, fruit, whipped cream. All that good stuff." I said and he smirked as I got off him.

"What?" I asked.

"You're just so fucking perfect." He said and he followed me downstairs. He walked into the kitchen with me and his jaw dropped when he saw everything.

"Jesus, Blaire. Why'd you make a buffet for me?" He asked and he took a bite of bacon before sitting down.

"I have a lot more planned for you today. Later we have done reservations for two. You and me and then we can get all romantic and fuck when we get drunk off champagne." I said and he laughed.