Chapter 12

Jake and I ended up at a fancy diner at 1pm. We had to finish what we started in the car, and then we went to his house and mine to change into more casual clothes.

We were sitting and talking and the way he was looking at me made my heart so full. He had drank five mimosas, and I had three. He could definitely drink more than me.

"I really could care less who has a problem with us in the office. We're getting all new people, we're transferring almost all cases to different offices, and we're taking on bigger ones. I don't mean to sound like I don't care about these damn people, but I really just don't care. I need change in that office, and I need you. That's all I'm focused on right now." He said.

"What kind of cases are we taking up?" I asked.

"We have a few celebrity cases we're going to be working on. It's actually pretty insane what's going to be coming to us. We have a murderer that we're defending. It's going to be a lot, Blaire." He said and I cocked an eyebrow.

"A murderer?" I asked.

"He killed 4 women. At least that's what's being held against him. He keeps saying he's innocent and that he never killed them. I've seen pictures of him and he looks like a normal guy. He's only 32-I don't know. I think he killed them, but we have to act like he didn't and do our jobs to defend him." He said.

"Usually we work on divorces and bankruptcies. This is going to be interesting." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah but I also assigned you to the murderers case with me. I want you to help me with it. We work good together and I have a feeling you'll help me win the case...I'm giving you another raise. If we win this case, you'll start making double of what your are now." He said and my stomach felt like it flipped.

"What?" I asked and he smiled and nodded.

"It's going to be good. We're going to be set. It's a 33 million dollar case." He said and my jaw dropped.

"Holy shit, Jake." I said.

"With that money, everyone in our office would be getting a raise from it and our name would be even bigger. Things are going to be so good soon." He said and I nodded.

"I'm excited to do this together." I said and he smiled and drank the rest of his mimosa and I did the same.

"Here's to a better life, with you." He said and he poured us two more mimosas and tapped his glass with mine. Six, four.

* * *

Jake and I drank eight mimosas from 1pm-2pm and when we left the fancy diner, went straight to a bar. He was holding my hand and smiling the entire time. I honestly was only feeling a little buzz from the mimosas, so I was excited to drink more with him and keep it going.

"What do you want to drink?" I asked.

"I don't think I'm drinking whiskey for the rest of my life considering what happened at your house the other night-but, I'm still a big fan of vodka and redbull." He said.

"Mmhm. Me too." I said and he ordered two of the same for us. He handed me mine and he kissed me after.

"Are we alcoholics?" I asked and he chuckled and shook his head.

"Alcoholics go to meetings. We just have fun." He said and I laughed and he smiled.

"I want to see your parents again." I said and he smiled, and as stupid as it sounded he got a sparkle in his eye when I told him.

"I want to meet your parents. I need to meet your parents. Whether they like the idea or not that you're with me-I feel it's respectful for them to know. If we're working on these celebrity cases and national cases, we're going to have paparazzi. Pictures will be out of us constantly together. They're going to find out and I'd rather meet them and tell them, then have them find out on the news." He said.