Chapter 59

A few weeks passed and Jake had to keep going to court with brad for what happened. John ended up living... sadly, and he pressed charges against them. Which made Jake have to go into jail again, but brad being a cop helped and got him out of it. Brad wasn't fired either because his boss was happy about what he did. Everyone was on our side, I just wasn't too happy about the whole world knowing what happened to me. It made me uncomfortable.

I was laying in bed and I felt weird. I just didn't feel right for a few weeks but I thought it was from everything happening with us, but I still felt weird even when I wasn't stressed or filled with anxiety. I was just confused.

I sat up when I genuinely knew I was going to throw up, and I ran into the bathroom. I got sick a couple times and I felt better as soon as I was done. I sat up and brushed my teeth and washed my mouth out, and I looked at myself in the mirror. I knew what was happening, I was just scared. I was 95% sure I was pregnant, but being pregnant scared me.

I grabbed a test from under the sink, and I took it. I knew Jake would be home soon so I was trying to hurry. I left it on the sink and grabbed my phone on my bed, and he was calling me.

"Hello?" I asked and answered.

"Can you believe he had the nerve to show up to court and argue?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"I should have never hired him. He's such a piece of shit and caused all of this. I'm sorry for the stress this has put on you, baby." He said.

"It's fine-hes not there anymore." I said.

"I know but what he did still is." He said.

"Everyone is on our side. I don't think anything is going to come out of it for him. We have the best lawyers other than ourselves." I said.

"I know-hes a fucking piece of shit I can't stand him." He said.

"How far away are you from home?" I asked.

"I'm pulling into the driveway." He said and my stomach dropped.

"Oh-okay. I'll see you when you get in." I said.

"Yeah-" I hung up quickly and I ran into the bathroom. Tests usually took five minutes, it had been a few minutes since I put it down and there was one more bar that needed to finish to show me the results. I heard the front door open and I shut the bathroom door and locked it. The rest completely loaded, and my eyes softened when I saw the results.

"Pregnant"

"Blaire?" I heard him ask outside the door and I dropped the test and it hit the ground.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I said and I put it under the sink and I walked out.

"What was that?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me.

"What was what?" I asked.

"Did you drop something?" He asked and he ran his hands to my ass and kissed me again.

"Yeah-I dropped my toothbrush. My mouth was still minty from brushing my teeth.

"Oh okay." He said and he lightly smacked my ass.

"I missed you today." He said.

"I missed you too." I said.

"You're being weird." He said.

"How?" I asked.

"You're like-jumpy." He said.

"Sit here." I said and I motioned for him to sit on the edge of the bed. He cocked an eyebrow, but listened to me.