Chapter 6

It was Skyes first day at the office and I wanted to die. Jake had an entire welcoming party in our building for him, and I stayed in my office the entire time like it wasn't even happening. Of course Jake had to be there, but Skye didn't even know I worked there so I was fine.

There was a knock on my door in the middle of me signing papers and it made me jump in my seat before the door opened. I was expecting it to be a coworker asking where I was, or Skye finding out I did work there and coming to talk to me, but it was Jake. He was holding a wine glass with his lips by the rim of the glass and he had a plate of cake and another plate with snacks and everything else possible. My eyes softened as he set it down in front of me after coming around my desk next to me.

"You haven't gotten your lunch break yet. Take it now. Eat and drink. I'll bring you water and the rest of the bottle of wine in a second. I just didn't want to bring a lot and make it obvious." He said.

"Jake, you didn't have to do this." I said and he leaned down next to me and kissed me.

"I'm the one that hired him, knowing he makes you uncomfortable. I'll do what I have to to make up for that until he leaves." He said and I kissed him again. He went to go further into the kiss but my office door opened and it was Jen, one of my friends from the office next to mine. We both froze and he looked up at her.

"Im sorry-um-Mr Sanders-there's-you have-"

"Shut the door." He warned and she shut it behind her and he stood up.

"What?" He asked.

"There's a-a package here-to sign. For you to sign. I was going to get Blaire to." She said. I was literally sweating from how worried it made me that she saw us about to kiss. I felt sick.

"Okay. I'll sign it. If you need something signed, come to me for the rest of the day. Not Blaire. Jen, I was just talking to her about a case. Nothing else." He warned and she nodded.

"Yes, sir." She said and she walked out quickly and he rolled his eyes.

"You're a trouble maker Ms. Angeles." He said lowly and he kissed me again, I guess making up for our interrupted kiss.

"I might need more wine to deal with the rest of this day." He mumbled and I sighed as he walked out my office. We had only been doing what we had for a week or two and we already got caught kissing. I was scared what would be next.

* * *

It was 10pm and everyone was gone in the office. I was the only one left. Jake even left and I just sat at my desk doing paperwork after paperwork and email after email. I was anxious all day, even before Jen saw the little incident-and I felt better getting my mind off of it by working. When I finally realized I couldn't feel my hands from using them all day I realized I had to go home. I grabbed my things and walked out my office before locking the door and jakes office light was still on. I cocked my eyebrow before going to his door and I knocked on it. No answer, but he never left his office light on. Ever. It was a rule of his that he was only in his office when his light was on.

"Jake?" I asked as I walked in and he was at his desk sleeping with a bottle of vodka next to his computer and an empty glass with half frozen ice next to him. My eyes softened and I put my things down before going to him. I nudged his shoulder gently and he grunted in his sleep.

"Jake. Wake up." I said softly and I shook his arm gently. He slowly opened his eyes and he smiled at me.

"Hey." He chuckled.

"You're drunk." I said.

"Bring me back to your place please." He said.

"I'm exhausted, Jake. I just got done working and I'm not in the mood." I said.