Chapter 43

Jake I ended up going out and walking around our town. Our town was so nice during the holidays and we went into different shops, held hands, got hit chocolate. It was needed so bad and it made me happy. He bought me a new ring and it wasn't cheap either. It was "only" $1,400 to him, and I knew he spent more on my engagement ring. A lot more, but I hated when he bought me things.

"I'm putting it on this finger." I said and I slipped it on to my pointer finger. He smiled and kissed me and I kissed him back softly.

"It looks perfect." He said.

"I love it." I said and he kissed me again. He covered our faces with his hand as he kissed me on the side of the street. He did that when we were in public, I never understood why he did it-but it made sense that it was for the paparazzis taking pictures of us. He didn't want them to. He hated them and he didn't want them to take pictures of our intimate life.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Just feeling a little hungover still. It's not too bad." He said and I smiled weakly and hugged him tightly before letting go.

"I missed this." I said.

"I know. I missed it too." He said and he grabbed my hand. We went back to walking and he held my hand tighter as we walked down all the shops along the strip. I wanted to just kiss him and cuddle him. I didn't care about being out anymore. He was so cute and calm for once out in public that I wanted to just kiss him. He was usually always so paranoid but he was normal.

"Can we go in here?" Jake asked and he motioned to a store that looked scary. It wasn't supposed to be scary, it was a marijuana dispensary and it was normal, but it scared me. He could have went into a different store easily, like the puppy store across the street. I wanted him away from all drugs in general.

"Why?" I asked.

"To get some. It's legal here-it's not bad." He said.

"I don't want you doing any drugs at all." I said and he grabbed my hands.

"Weed is barely a drug-"

"You want to be high and it's not happening." I said.

"Blaire just give me something. I'm getting worse." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Just stop. We can go home." I said.

"I don't want to go home. I'm telling you and I mean this with everything in me, I can call someone right now and have them bring what I want to my house. Or, I can go in here and get a few things that'll calm me down. My anxiety is bad and I hate being in public so fucking help me out here." He said and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Okay." I said and he walked into the store and I went in behind him. It smelt horrible and he went straight to it like he knew what he wanted. He bought three different types, vapes, papers, everything.

"You got a lot." I said.

"It'll last me." He said and I sighed.

"Thank you." He said and he grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"You're lucky I love you." I said.

"I'm very lucky."

* * *

We got home and Jake smoked almost as soon as we got back. He was more relaxed honestly and he seemed calmer.

"You okay?" I asked as he laid next to me in bed and he nodded.

"I'm fine." He said and he pulled me into him. I knew what he wanted. He rested his hand on my ass and he nuzzled into my neck and started leaving kisses across it. I let out a soft moan when his grip on my ass tightened and he looked down at me, almost as if he was surprised. He smirked and locked his lips to mine and I intertwined our legs as he climbed on top of me completely.