Chapter 33

A few days passed, and Jake was randomly going into the office in the middle of the night. He kept getting text messages from tech guys and others from the office to discuss when were coming back and everything. I knew he hated even walking in the building. He told me multiple times that he was done with his career, and I was the only reason he partially cared about it at that point. It made me sad honestly. He lost his passion Over his work and it made me wonder if it was me.

I was home alone one night while he was at work and I was on my phone. Jake and I had our location turned on for each other and I never really checked because I didn't ever feel the need of having to, but I did. Something didn't seem right at all and I wanted to make sure he was telling the truth about being at the office. As much as I told myself he was actually there, I looked and he wasn't. He was at haileys parents house. Which probably meant he was giving Rachel drugs. It wouldn't have surprised me if every time he went to the office, he actually went there instead.

I was so mad about it, and when he got home he went to kiss me and I didn't let him.

"Let me love on you." He said softly and I didn't even smile at him. I was so pissed off.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"There's obviously something wrong. Tell me." He said.

"You didn't go to the office today." I said and his eyes softened. He knew he was caught.

"Blaire." He said softly.

"Why did you go to see her? To give her drugs?" I asked.

"Yeah-Blaire I know it's bad but she's so young. I know how it feels to be withdrawaling from this shit and wanting it horribly. It makes you sick. She needs it." He said.

"Do not go and visit my 17 year old friend to give her drugs. Do you understand me?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"How long were you there?" I asked.

"Like an hour. I was talking to her and her parents." He said.

"And I wasn't even there-good job, Jake. You're making me look like an asshole." I said.

"How? I told them you were at the office. Rachel knows it's just for the drugs. It doesn't make you look like anything." He said.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"You need to relax." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"You need to relax." I said and he ignored me. I didn't know why, but I was debating on asking Jake if they had sex or not. It wouldn't have surprised me if it happened. Jake fucked any legal woman as long as she knew him before hand and they were attractive. It wouldn't have be a surprise if he fucked her. I just would have been upset, especially that it was one of my friends he did it with.

"Did you have sex with her?" I asked and he looked over at me. He cocked an eyebrow and I chuckled.

"I didn't have sex with a 17 year old." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Jake, I get it. You want to help her. You want to make her feel better because you know what it feels like to want more of drugs, but you're not helping her by giving them to her. You're making it worse. I don't want you getting close to her. I trust you but I just don't-"

"You don't trust me." He said.

"Yes I do-"

"No you don't."

"And whose fault is that Jake?! You're the reason I can't trust you." I said and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I didn't have sex with her. She's a minor. Are you crazy?" He asked.