Chapter 24

It was the morning of Jakes dad's funeral and we were getting ready. It was going to be a huge funeral and I knew Jake didn't want it to be. He was ready to deal with all the people at all and he kept breaking down. He was looking at himself in the mirror of his bedroom and fixing the collar of his shirt as I got dressed behind him.

"You look fine." I said.

"I don't want to do this." He said softly and I looked up at him after pulling my dress down and he turned around and sat down on the end of the bed.

"Are you high?" I asked.

"No. I was going to wait so I didn't crash at the funeral." He said and I sighed.

"Jake why don't you just not do it today. Not until after." I said.

"Because if I don't I'll be pissed off and angry at people coming in that barely knew him." He said.

"I think you'll be okay." I said and he shook his head. He got up and walked out the room and I sighed. I already knew where he was going and what he was doing. He never listened to me. He came back in a few minutes later, and he went to me and kissed my cheek.

"I know I've been all over the place lately and I'm sorry I have. I love you with everything in me. You are the only support I have left and I'm sorry I've been taking you for granted." He said and I looked up at him and cupped his cheek.

"I love you too. You haven't been taking me for granted, you've just been grieving and trying to keep your mind off of things." I said.

"I know. I've been pissing you off though." He said.

"You don't piss me off. The only time I get pissed off at you is when you're disrespectful to me. When you put your hands on me and when you hang out with Morgan. You don't piss me off outside of that." I said and he kissed me.

"I hope you know how much I love you. Even if I don't always seem like I do and I do stupid things." He said.

"I know." I said softly and he kissed my forehead.

"Are you high?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No." He said and I looked up at him and he locked eyes on mine. I loved his eyes so much. It wasn't often I got to actually see his normal eyes and how beautiful they were. He had a bright but dark hazel green colored eyes, and his pupils were almost always bigger than the color surrounding them, so being able to focus on the color of them always made me happy. He was so perfect. Dark hair, hazel eyes, full lips-

"You okay?" He asked, cutting me out of my thoughts and I nodded slowly.

"Yeah. I just wish I was able to see your eyes normally more often." I said and he shook his head.

"I'm nothing special-you should know you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen, though." He said.

"Don't change the subject on me. I want you to be okay." I said and he nodded slowly.

"I'm fine. We have to leave." He said.

"Okay." I said softly and he kissed me and grabbed my hand. I followed him downstairs and instead of driving ourselves, he got security to drive us there. It was going to be insane and I knew he wasn't ready for it at all. He seemed okay talking to him, but if I talked to him about his dad he wouldn't have been. That was the difference.

We got in the car, and I noticed he wasn't high. He hadnt gotten high or even tried to. I was confused in a way. He told me he was doing it before we left but his eyes were still normal and he was perfectly fine.

"You okay?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, but I'll be okay." He said and I put my hand on his and squeezed it. I moved closer into him and rested my head on his shoulder and he kissed my temple as we started driving.