Chapter 18

Jake got released from the hospital later that day and we went home to his house. I callled my dad and explained to him partially what happened and that I needed him to drive me to the doctor because I couldn't drive. I also told him Jake was coming to be with me.

When he got to Jakes house, I went to the front door and I let him in. Jake could walk around as good as I could.

"This is Jakes house? This is huge? What happened to your leg and head?" He asked.

"Hey, sir. It's nice to see you again." Jake said and interrupted his questions by putting his hand out for him to shake. He shook it, and cocked an eyebrow at him.

"What happened to you? You're limping. Were you in an accident?" He asked and jake shook his head.

"No-the guy that tried hurting her hurt me a little bit but he's not going to hurt anyone again." Jake said and he looked at me.

"Well lets get you to a doctor so everything is okay." He said to me and jake followed behind me and my dad and we went out to the car. Jake got in the backseat slowly, and I was going to sit in the front with my dad, but I went in the back with jake. I didn't want him to sit alone.

"You can sit in the front." He said and I shook my head.

"I'll sit back here with you." I said and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Are you dating?" My dad asked and I looked up at him and jake looked over at me.

"Yeah." I said and he smiled weakly. My dad smiled. I was so confused. He knew he was my boss. My dad always told me to never get involved with people at work. Always. Especially my boss.

"So what happened to you two?" He asked.

"A lot. It's a lot to explain." I said.

"I want to know." His dad said.

"I was dating this guy when me and jake first started talking, and I didn't know he had a wife. I left him and actually made things serious with jake and he got jealous. I didn't hear from him in months. I got some weird email that I was being followed, and then I went home yesterday and he just walked in my house. He hurt me, gave me a concussion, split my head open, shot me and jake, and he stabbed Jake. Luckily we're both okay. I just need to go to the doctor and get checked up on and jake wanted to be there for me. Neither of us can drive right now." I said and he sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me about this? Were you two together when I first met him? I knew something was off-"

"We weren't really serious when I first met you, sir. We were just talking." Jake said and my dad nodded slowly.

"I wish I would have gotten a better idea of what was going on." His dad said.

"I know-I'm sorry sir." Jake said and he nodded.

"I do like that you're together though. As much as I don't like her being with her boss, you are a smart guy and you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders... you also have money." He said and jake laughed.

"Money is a big part." Jake joked and I rolled my eyes. He was so dumb. I literally loved him so much.

"Is the doctor checking your head?" My dad asked and my smile faded. I didn't know how to tell him. I really had to clue.

"No-" I paused and I cleared my throat.

"I was raped yesterday-they're giving me medication to prevent a pregnancy from him." I said and my voice was shaky. I hated having to explain it to my dad.

"He raped you?" He asked and he looked over his shoulder at me as he drove with his eyes narrowed.

"Yeah-I'm fine-everything will be fine-"