chapter 7 🌠

Grace

I walked into my blue painted apartment, kicked off my heels, took off my straight black wig, and strolled into the kitchen.

"Man must eat," I murmured, switching on the gas and placing a kettle with water on it. I took out a sliced bread and picked my favourite strawberry mug from the white painted kitchen cabinet.

Few minutes later, I walked out of the kitchen with the already made tea and bread. I sat down on the floor, ready to devour the mountain of bread before me.

My phone vibrated on the bed, with a sigh I picked it thinking it to be my boss, but smiled the moment I saw the callers ID.

"So, If I don't call, you won't?" Monica declared, her voice vibrating with annoyance.

"It's not like that," I winced, ready to explain how hectic the past few days had been for me.

"What are you eating?" She asked, out of the blues.

"Breakfast, which consists of tea and bread."

"Are you not suppose to be working?"

I sighed. "I got the day off."

"You sure say dem never fire you, because of your stubbornness?" She implored, her voice losing it's disdain as she chuckled from the other end.

Taking a large bite of the bread I said, "No Nah, but I have gist for you."

"Is it long?"

"Yes."

"Wait, let me call you with my Mtn sim card, I will get back to you in ten minutes." She hung up before I could reply.

I picked my now empty cup and headed to the kitchen, ready to freshen up before the dragon called back.

Stepping in naked, I turned on the cold shower and stood underneath it, with closed eyes.

Few minutes later, I walked out of the bathroom with a towel around my body. On cue, I heard my phone rang and let my towel dropped to the floor.

I walked to the bed and picked the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Ok, fire on," she said

"Remember that guy from the club on Sunday?" I inquired, putting the phone on speaker.

"That fine boy, that came with baba?"

I smiled, one reason I loved Monica was her ability to understand any gist.

"I saw him again."

"Where? did you throw your shoe's at him? or at least throw him stone?" She paused. "C'mon tell me you did something?"

After Kunle left the inner room two days back, Monica rushed in inquiring what went wrong, this led to my explaining every detail and earning a promise of breaking his head for free from my supportive friend.

"I couldn't smash his head then, But I'm planning to anyway," I muttered, with an evil smirk. "And let me tell you, it was not a pleasant meeting for me."

"How?"

"He owns the hotel, I got employed in."

"What the actual fuck!" She yelled.

"I know, you can imagine the shock and embarrassment."

"Did he recognize you?"

"Yes."

"And, he still let you work in his office?" She asked, her tone now low and cracky.

"Actually, he promoted me to the position of his personal assistant."