chapter 23✨

Grace

I sat beside the door with my back to the walls. All my attempt of opening the door made my situation worst, for I ended up sustaining more injuries to those inflicted by Ken.

Weak and hungry, I crawled away from the entrance and turned to the high window that helped me indicate the time of the day.

The sky was already growing dark signifying an end to my third day. Three days straight and I only lived on bread and brown water that was provided by the slim driver from the airport.

Resting my head on my knees, I stared out the window my thoughts on when I would step out again or see Natalie, Monica and probably take a proper bath.

Bath.

For the past few days, bathing has been with only water while two huge men stood at the door. I was giving no change of clothes nor clean undies, therefore I had no undies.

I ran my hand through my hair that was rough and needed washing and Natalie's braiding. 

Slowly, I turned as the familiar figure I hated walked through the door.

"Baby."  He voice was low, filled with seduction as he made his way with a torchlight. Sensing what he wanted I stood.

Every time Ken walked through the door, I made silent prayers that the bastard wasn't horny enough to come on to me. But tonight, my prayers obviously didn't reach the almighty.

The space between us became thin and I moved back dreading his smell and touch.

"Come on, you never held back from me," he said, with a smile as he placed the touch lightly on the floor.

"That was before you became a rapist, a kidnapper and psychotic bastard," I replied, ignoring the pains that shot from my torn lips to every part of my weak body.

"The way you say it makes me feel like a killer and trust me, the feeling is the best." He clicked his tongue moving forward a little.

He stopped his movement staring at Before with furrowed brows. Before now, when we were in love, staring into his eyes would have enrapt desire's but now it only created fear.

"Just give in and let me have my way teddy, I promise not to hurt you. I swear on the life of my mother."

"Please, Ken please just let me go," I pleaded, for the first time since I was kidnapped.

He wiped his grin and gave a genuine smile that sparked hope. Nodding in acceptance to my words, he covered the space between us and wiped my quivering lips with his thumbs. "I can't."

The beating of my heart grew as I took a step backwards and got caged between the cold wall and the monster. "Please Ken, I have nothing to offer."

He placed both hands on the wall caging me in-between. "I'm sorry but I really can't, I want you soo bad." He placed a kiss on my neck while I froze on the spot.

"You can't resist me. Sweetheart, we both know you want this." Each word he said was accompanied by a kiss unfreezing me as I rolled my hands into a ball.

"Let me go!" I pushed him and created little space between us.

Seizing the opportunity, I tried moving but he pulled me back. "Let me go!" I yelled.

He wrapped me from behind and pushed me back to the wall. "Don't fucking play with me Grace."

"Fucking let go of me asshole," I spitted feeling his arousal pressed at me from his jean trousers.

"I love you festy, you know that?"

"I hate you so much, you know that?" In a fast movement he turned me around, his body still clutched to mine on the wall while his hand moved to my lips.

On instinct I let my teeth caged his finger in a bite. 

"Fuck!" His left hand came in contact with my chin in a blow. This sent me falling as his hands also came in contact with my eye.

Swallowing the pains and urge to cry, I crawled from my position on the floor while he nursed his finger that seemed to be bleeding.

With the rage of a lion, he started my way. "I swear you go pay."

He kicked my stomach throwing me back on the floor as I screamed and held on to my tummy. Kneeling beside me he cupped my chin while I struggled and tried pulling away.

"I told you don't struggle!" He yelled, while his hands moved to my shirt and torn it open exposing my breast that was free from bra.

I tried to shake him off screaming as I did, but he sent a slap across my face and caged me in-between his knees while his hands held mine to the floor. His eyes moved down my body stopping on my nipples with a grin.

Having no strength to cry and hating the satisfaction he got from my plea's, I held his eyes letting the tears flow as his lips met mine.

***

Kunle

We sat patiently in the unmarked police van few meters away from Mr Smith, the owner of the taxi who identified one of the inmates.

After twenty minutes of waiting, an okada came to a stop in front of the house and the identified slender inmate dropped in a blue shirt. He paid the okada man and jogged into the compound.

Patrick turned to the other police officers at the back of the car and nodded.

After giving me a warning stare, he dropped and was accompanied by two other officers into the building while I sat with another at the front seat.

A few minutes later, they came out with the slender man in a handcuffed. I watched Patrick pushed the man into the van.

"He is taking us to the warehouse where they are keeping her," he said, taking his seat beside the man who burst into tears.

The officer sitting before the steering wheels started the car and followed the direction of the weeping man who pleaded forgiveness.

***

The cloud grew dark as we drove down a lonely road after fifteen minutes of riding through the highway. The van came to a stop meters away from a warehouse with blue zinc.

Patrick stepped out and so did four other cops, while two others were left with the weeping man who covered his face with both palms.  

I watched them walked down the lonely road to the warehouse slowly, with their gun pointed in front of them.

The moment Patrick and the others were out of sight, I came down from the van breaking my promise.

I just couldn't sit still.

***