Chapter 18❄️

Grace

I walked out of the airport looking like Angelina Jolie in Tomb rider, ready for a mission in my sunshade that was a veil to the sick feeling I felt after the take-off which had me sweating like a pig placed on the fire.

The moment the plane got high in the sky, I ran to the toilet and emptied my breakfast not minding the exclusive design of the restroom.

I signalled a taxi waiting across the road but another, driven by a slender man parked in front of me with a smile.

I returned the smile and stepped in, making myself comfortable in the back seat as I gave the driver my address.

With music blasting the speaker he drove into the highway.  Music was my best form of relaxation and this man knew the type of songs I loved.

Nodding my head to the beat of T-classic 'Nobody fine pass you' I stared out the window and noticed he took a wrong turn.

"Oga which road you dey fellow?" I asked, curious but not bothered, Lagos taxi drivers seem to discover new routes to beat traffic every day.

"There is holdup at the front madam," he replied, confirming my thoughts.

"Oh ok," I said and laid back drifting into a slumber as a result of the flight.

But my sleep was cut short the moment a door was slammed shut. I stared at the men seated beside me and questioned the driver. "Oga driver, I thought this is a drop?" 

He nodded and turned to the muscular men beside me.

I sat straight, ready to argue when I felt a sharp object pressed to my shirt.

I turned to my right, stared down at my stomach where I could still feel the sharp object. Confirming it to be a knife, my eyes went wide.

"Hey princess," The man at my right said, in a voice that sounded like Tiger generator. I gazed at him and got a perfect view of his brown teeth as he adorned me with a smile.

Nervously, I returned the gesture and turned to my left when I felt a hand pulled me back and a handkerchief covered my nose and mouth. 

I kicked furiously, ensuring my heels came in contact with the guy at my right. But all my struggle were to no avail as I felt dizzy and gave way to my heavy lids.

***

Without being told, the hard floor that caressed my bums were enough to pull my brain to alert and remind me I was not in my room.

After a lot of struggling, I sat up. The room was dark with no source of light to help me survey my environment. Plus, my hands were tied, my mouth was covered with masking tape but my legs were free. 

Sighing, I let my brain start its work of searching for a way out or probably a reason for being held captive.

Money ritual,  was all that popped in my head and that alone made me shivered.

Try losing the rope with your legs, I thought and lifted my legs up in an attempt to lose the rope around my hands. But instead, I succeeded in turning like a monkey on a tree.

I pressed my lids together wishing I could scream out my frustration which was impossible.

Saying a silent prayer, I tried my next option, Standing. But I froze the moment I head the movement of a chair a few feet away from me.

"When you are done let's talk Grace," A calm familiar voice said.

He fucking knows my name, the ritualist knows my name... I don die.  I turned to the direction of the voice.

"Don't worry teddy bear there is no reason to be scared."

Teddy bear, only one person called me that, only Ken... But that can't be, Ken was locked up.  All my thoughts were cut the moment a torchlight was switched on and directed at me.

I closed my eyes and slowing let them adjust to the sudden light as I stared at the figure right in front of me.

Ken.

The drumming of my heart increased with fear as I recalled his last words before he was thrown in jail.

"I will come back for you, I will hunt you teddy bear."

As if knowing what my thoughts were, he smiled and squatted before me.

"You are in the middle of nowhere and I really want to hear your voice, so I'm going to take this off." He paused and placed his cold hands on my cheeks. I moved my face away but this only made his smile grew.

"Don't scream teddy bear, you understand we are in the middle of nowhere? No one can hear you."

I nodded and watched him took off the masking tape.

"Now talk to me."

Seizing my opportunity, I let my lips grew wide in a scream that echoed around the room.

"C'mon, you don't trust me again when I say no one can hear you I mean no one." He caressed my cheeks but this didn't last long as his caressing grew intense sending pains through my jaw and body.

Satisfied with his work and the pains that were visible in my eyes, he let go.

"Now, are we going to scream?" He inquired, with his charming smile that once made my heart dance like the sea when hit with the wind.

I  shook my head and moved a little from him.

"I missed you teddy." He stood and stretched his body with both hands raised.

"You must be hungry. The drugs made you sleep for hours but not to worry I will send for food." He leaned forward and placed a kiss on my head.

"Make yourself comfortable baby, we have a lot of things to discuss," He whispered, and slowly left the room, taking his light along.

***

Ken's pov

I watched from my position with a smile. It was beautiful to see her struggle, so beautiful I wanted her pinned to the floor with my hands wrapped around her.

Feeling the pleasure shoot through my body, I shifted and watched her froze from the sound of my chair.

"When you are done let's talk Grace."

She turned, in search of me. "Don't worry teddy bear there is no need to be scared."

Teddy bear was the name I called her and knowing how smart she was, I was sure she had everything placed already.

The plans I had were worst than she could Imagine. Before being sent to prison I had everything, a job in a bank, my own house, a car to make my Lagos life easy and the care from my relatives.

My first day in prison was a blow-off, a perfect welcome party to the life of torture. The food served that day was improperly cooked beans and a brown liquid called water.

I was used as a punching bag by inmates and had to share a room that had two bed with 15 prisoners. I had to sleep on the floor and maintained my distance until I met Tobi and the boys.

This was the life I wanted her to see, this was my plans. Torture, pain, and enough tears for my ex-lover.

***

Authors note

Hey, guys so this book is on Good novel. You can also go over there, rate and drop a review.

Glossary.
Oga which road you dey follow--- Mr,  what way are you taking.