chapter 30🐬

Grace

Explosion of pains shot from my bandage head to my aching body as I pulled the sheet to my chest and turned to my side, while the consequences of last nights decision took in with full effect, weakening every part of my body.

My eyes trailed to a glass of water that covered a note which was placed on the drawer. With a lazy stretch of my hands, I moved the glass aside and picked the note.

The aspirin is for your headache. Do ensure to take a lot of water, it helps with a hangover.

Chris and Patrick will come pick you at exactly 10:00 am for your doctor's appointment.

Kunle.

Exhaling, I let the note fall and swallowed the aspirin before laying back down with my eyes on the ceiling.

I let my mind wander to events that might have happened last night. The only thing I remembered was laying on the sofa beside Kunle, but how I did get to my room was a solved mystery answered by the note.

I searched further, hoping I did nothing stupid. Asif to torment my already shattered life, an image of me throwing up on Kunle flashed through.

"Oh my God!" I clasped my mouth with my hands as I recalled the whole event. From my admiration of his cologne to the kiss and down to me vomiting. 

I covered my face with my hands and made willing sounds that expressed how embarrassed I felt.

Just then, the door flew wide and Chris walked in. His face brimmed with a glorious smile as he adjusted the sleeve of his shirt and leaned on the door.

"You have fifteen minutes to freshen up sweetheart."

"Or?" I furrowed my brows and pulled my sheet off my body, standing.

"Or, I will drag you out in that dress." His eyes roamed my body.

"Stop staring at me like that pervert and get out, " I said, ignoring the ache that followed my speech.

"You know I can actually watch you dress," He suggested.

"Chris get out!" I threw a  pillow at his face and watched him rushed out, laughing as he did.

***

With Chris and Patrick occupying the front seats of the black BMW, I made myself comfortable at the back.

"So you threw up on Kunle?" Chris inquired while I felt a pinch to my dignity as I shook my head embarrassed.

I moved my stares to the rearview mirror and noticed the smile that spread on Patrick's lips.  God, I'm doomed.

"He told you guys?"

"Not exactly, we solved the riddle of his change of schedule and got him to spill it all," Patrick said.

"How?"

"Your appointment was 8:00 am but he moved it for your convenience. Chris here was so interested in knowing why..." I turned to Chris who was nodding continuously with a wide grin.

"... After much pesting question from Chris, he told us you were sick. And again the young man over here placed one and two. He actually forced Kunle to spill the juicy details."

"I am very intelligent."

I rolled my eyes but smiled at the thought of Kunle being forced to do something. "Yes, you are."

"Tomorrow is his birthday, you know abi?" Chris inquired, just as Patrick drove out of the compound while I stared at white identical houses, each with blue roofs and black gate.