Chapter 41🍏

Grace

"What's up?" Monica inquired scooping a spoon of ice cream as I hung up and turned to her.

"She needs my help urgently."

With her face twisted in confusion and her spoon hung halfway she inquired, "Huh?"

"Temi, Kunle cousin's wife who gave birth recently, same reason I travelled to Abuja last week."

"O...k... so remind me what are you going to do in Abuja again?"

"She needs my help. And honestly, I don't know why but she seemed desperate."

"Oh.." She said, stressing the word before raising a finger. "One last question...How will you get to Abuja?"

"Kunle's pilot will take me to Abuja there her driver will pick me," I explained.

"That's cool of him-"

"I'm going to get set. We are leaving tonight," I said cutting all the praises she had packed for him. It still was funny how she got friendly with Kunle and how she never opt to scar him with scissors after all her threats.

"Tonight? Why tonight?" She placed the empty ice cream bowl on the table and reached for my Fanta but I slapped her hands off and adjusted my shirt as I stood

"I will get to know tonight."

***

Fixing my seat belt, I exhaled feeling a sudden wave of loneliness as I stared at the seat before me that was always occupied by Kunle. I missed him more than expected and only wish what we had was real, but of course I knew better.

"Someone like you can't have someone like him," I chanted repeatedly with eyes closed. That was the anthem I recited after his visit to the club.

"Someone like who?"

Pushed the temptation of staring up and only decided I was at the edge of losing my mind as his voice echoed in my head.

"Are you ok?"

He placed his hands on my back, tarnishing my earlier assumption of it being a hallucination as I open my lids to meet his filled with worries.

"What are you doing here?" I inquired as he placed his hands on my forehead which I immediately slapped off.

Taking the seat before me, he stared out the window. "It's my jet Miss." he paused and turned to me. "Are you really ok?"

I narrowed my eyes and sat back while pondering on why he was seated next to me.

"Rolling your eyes means yes."

Just then, the plane started it's movement down the runway and I immediately felt the need to throw up.

"Can I?"

Not giving his offer a second thought, I nodded and felt his hands covered mine.

***

"Grace, wake up." It was an up hall whisper from another dimension which I ignored.

"Wake up baby." The caressing on my cheeks made me slowly open my eyes as Kunle whispered again.

"I am up, take your hands off my cheeks," I grumbled.

He pulled away and slide his hands down his trousers pocket. "Let's go, Khalid is waiting."

I unhooked the seat belt and followed him out the plane but stopped on my tracks when I noticed the strange environment. Though beautiful but still strange for this was not Amadu Bello airport. "Where are we?"