chapter 15☄️

Kunle

"Who the hell is that?" I heard Kenneth asked, with a sharp intake of breath that made me turned. I searched the crowd hoping to see the lady who took my cousin's breathe away, an effect only Temi had on him.

I gasped for air watching her stood at the entrance of the hall looking like heaven and hell conjoined.

She was in black just like my dream yesterday morning, her curves all enlightened in the sexy dress that had a slit at its left side.

"Grace."

"You know her?"

I noticed Chris left the side of a guest to her's. "Yeah, she is my assistant."

"She looks good, better than Simi," he said and got a smile as my response. I was not ready to ride the Simi's train, not now, not ever.

I deflected my eyes to the wine that lost its taste the instant I sighted her.

"Is she in a relationship with Chris?"

I sipped my drink hoping it has been restored to its former glory. "Nope, why are you asking?"

"Well, he is clouding over her," he said, in a tone that spiked interest in my head. Kenneth was a teaser especially in affairs that had to do with me, but it was not a problem since I always got back at him.

I moved my attention to Grace and watched her searched the hall with a face filled with worries.

Following her gaze and caught other men stealing glances at her just like I did. It was understandable, I mean I've seen her in only panties and bra, but something was different tonight.

She caught me staring and won a smirk that was just a cover-up to what I really felt.

"Are you sure you are ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

"Temi is going to invite you and dad for dinner tomorrow, she has been talking about it all day long."

"That will be nice considering the fact I planned on visiting before leaving for Lagos."

"True she, I'm just worried, the baby will be due soon."

"Where is she self?"

"Gisting or gossiping with the other ladies of course." He searched the crowd for his wife and I scanned the crowd, but not for Temi.

I saw her walking hand in hand with dad towards us, taking slow strides that made.

"There she is," Kenneth said and signalled his wife to come over. She nodded and started towards us but got held up by a chubby lady in a brown belt that was a wrong match for her red dress.

"Good evening," Grace greeted, her hands still entangled with dad's.

I nodded acknowledging her greeting, I was trying hard to hold my tongue and reserve my comments.

"Kenneth, where is my daughter?" Dad asked, intruding on my intended introduction.

"She's behind you sir."

He turned, just as Temi walked to us in her tight black gown not minding her heavy pregnancy. Her hair was cut and jelled like little worms, the hairstyle made her rounded face blasted with markup even more beautiful.

"Temi, we are fighting ooh."

"Daddy mi don't say that, I was telling Kenneth today that it's been long I saw you and because of this pregnancy I can't fly to Lagos," She explained, her smile a pleading one.