Chapter 39🎸

Kunle

She fell butt first from my push while I took a step backwards, wiping my lips with my palm. "What do you think you are doing?"

"Are you that dumb? Can't you see I love you?"

"Shit," I mumbled as I helped her off the floor and watched her dust unseen dirt off her ass before I cleared the air by saying, "I don't love you Cassie."

"I want more to our friendship. I want you." she moved closer and tried placing her hands on chest.

"Get your hands off me," I sneered irritated. I wasn't ready for this and the little patience I had, I let go as I pushed her hands.

"You love that bitch." It was not a question but a finalized answer that made me wish she could zip her lips and walk out. "What the fuck did she give to you?"

"Mind your words Cassandra... In fact, I need you to leave my room," I said pointing to the door. But she folded her hands and stroke a defensive pose while staring at me with what I presumed to be hatred.

"Leave Cassie."

"No."

"Leave!" I yelled and pulled the already parted door wide open for her.

***

Grace

"Natalie, can you get me a glass of water?" I said with pregnant eyes that were filled with water as I stared at the ceiling while replaying the scene of seconds back.

"O...k." She stressed before rushing to the kitchen.

Everything between us was going fine, the few days we spent together was enough to break all barrier's and I knew for sure that I was in love with him.  I thought he felt the same but how could he feel the same if he loved someone else?

Or was this a game to him?

Just then a loud crash drew my attention pausing my thought as I suddenly grew alerted by the thought of Natalie in danger.

I jumped from the bed and dash out of the room in hope she was ok. But as I opened the kitchen door, I was met by a scene less dangerous than a break-in but I was more electrified by the sight of Natalie's hands pressed to her cheek and Cassandra's smile.

"Just who I wanted."

"What did you do?" It came as a whisper that sure didn't get to her ears as I moved forward.

"She deserves that slap you know. And maybe more."

"Cassandra if you try it, I swear-" I was cut by a loud whining sound which echoed in in my ears,  as my sister held on to her other cheek.

Without saying a word, I advanced to where she stood, picking a mop-strick which was the item closest to me.

Just then, a hand wrapped around my waist, stopping me from my murder attempt. "Let me go!" I yelled while Cassandra burst into laughter.

"Let me handle this," he said, pressing me to his chest and pulling the mop stick off my hands. "Please."

I let it go and raised hands, "Ok."

"You won't do anything?"

Nodding, I smiled up at him. The moment he let me go, I launched towards my prey and this time I was ready to use my fingers that were without artificial nails. But again, he pulled me back and advanced towards her while I slipped, hitting my head on a stool.

***
Kunle

"Grace." I knelt beside her still body, alerted by the drop of blood on the floor.