chapter 10🌚

Kunle

I strolled out of the shower running a white mini-tower around my wet hair while another, wrapped around my waist and was knotted to the front.

I exhaled at the thought of having the day all to myself, something that hardly happens.

The yearly joint meeting was organized by partners of five different companies, mine included. It was a meeting that enabled us to discuss issues and brought about ideas to help promote each company. This year's meeting was organized by Zeus Infrastructure company, a company owned by Jason Agbo.

I walked to my laptop on the king-sized bed, now rolled out of my towel and tucked in a grey jogger with my chest bare.

I picked my phone from beside my laptop and dialled Simi.

For the past two months, we've been discussing the pregnancy. Simi suggested marriage, her golden reason was, all children needed two parents to enable better growth. I concurred to this, but I declined her offer, marriage was something sacred and getting in with someone like Simi was a no.

The decision was therefore; once the baby is of age I would take the child, but for now, I gave her all the supports she needed.

"How is the baby?" I inquired after the usual greeting of 'hey and hi'.

"Fine, I'm in Abuja presently, I came to see my sister. Chris told me you are in Abuja, can we meet up?" She asked, her energetic voice flowing like running water.

I pressed my eyes together, wishing I could get my hands on Chris for fanning my plans out.

"I mean to discuss the baby," she added, knowing my answer would be a negative one.

I sighed and felt the obligation of being a Dad weighed harder on my chest. "Yeah, sure, you can come over to the hotel now," I said carelessly and called out my room number.

I hung up, moved closer to my laptop and flashed through my e-mails, ensuring I replied to each supervisor.

***

Few minutes after my call from Simi, the door to my suite opened letting in her dark skin feature and wild shape that was visible in her blue grown which also enlightened her baby bump.

"Typical of you to leave your door open." She lets her bag dropped on the floor, a habit she knew got me tensed.

I raised my brows and watched her moved, her hands on her waist. She walked straight to the mini bar, poured herself a glass of vodka, and started for my bed with the glass swaying like a leaf on a tree.

Shaking my head, I stood, rushed to her with long strides and took the glass off her hands.

"Hey!" She lifted both hands.

I drown the drink and placed the empty cup on the glass center table. "You are not going to hurt my child by drinking," I said, pointing at her frowning face.

"Oh, so it's your child now?" She asked with folded hers.

I ignored her words but focused my eyes on her, she was a package full of trouble, her lips hotter than a gas burner ready to spill and split.

"Oh don't look at me that way, your charms don't work on me anymore." She winked and sat crossed legs on the white cushion.

"Why exactly are you here Simi?" I moved to the wooden wardrobe with a glass cover and took out my white shirt.

"Oh no, I love your bare chest," she said, entangling her hands on her straight artificial hair. 

I ignored her and pulled my shirt down my body in seconds. It was better to defer my formal opinion of not being on a shirt than letting the globe eyes of my ex mop my body.