Chapter 37✴️

Grace

"We are sharing a suite."

Those words alone drew my attention from the smiling toddler held by who I supposed to be his Dad and a lady holding on to a pink handbag as we stood in the elevator each waiting for our stop.

"No," I mouthed, with my eyes wide as I veered around. Just then, the 'ding' of the elevator came through, indicating a stop as the three stepped out.

"Don't argue with me." He pulled me to his chest by my elbow.

"We are not sharing the same suite."

"Yes, we are."

"Never," I protested, moving away from him.

"It has an adjoined room, so don't worry you can still sleep and turn like a lion."

"Ah! I don't sleep like a lion."

He smiled, brushing his hands on his hair as he leaned on the steel walls of the elevator. "You need to watch you sleep, I don't think you will have any defences."

"Well, you snore like an elephant," I countered with folded hand.

"I don't snore sweetheart."

"You snore and I will prove it."

"How? We are not sleeping on the same bed remember?" His brows were raised and his smirk a priceless one as the elevator came to a stop.

Narrowing my eyes, I huffed and walked out. Leaving him behind as I suddenly felt annoyed.

"What?" He inquired, jogging to catch up.

"I hate you."

"And I hate you more baby."

***

We drove into Kenneth's lot after few hours of chatting none stop and rest in Lucris his hotel in Abuja. The flat was decorated with masquerade tree's at each corner and a garden with a little red brick hut that was surrendered with well crafted local bamboo bed and chairs at the left side of the building.

Stepping out of the car, I stared at my surrounding that was as beautiful as the little boy who ran out of the building with his hand stretched out.

"Uncle Kunle!"

The moment he was clutched in Kunle's arms, he was whirled around and bathed with kisses on his cheeks causing him to burst into laughter.

"Uncle Kunle, mummy brought a baby home yesterday," He announced, with a smile as Kunle settled him on his neck while holding on to his legs.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah and her big tummy is gone, I wonder where she kept it?"

Staring at the pair, I smiled baffled by the level of his Inquisition and closeness to the man I was attracted to.

"So who is she?" He inquired out of the blue, with his eyes fixed on me.

"Grace meet Elvis and Elvis meet Grace," Kunle introduced the kid who gave out a boyish grin.

Still on his uncle's shoulders, he said, "It's nice to meet you ma'am."

"It's nice to meet you dear."

Bending he whispered to Kunle, "Uncle Kunle, can I tell you something?"

Kunle turned to me, winked before nodding to the little boy who stole glances at me.

"I think she is beautiful, will you marry her? If you won't, I-"

"Elvis, leave your uncle alone!"