Chapter 34🔮

Grace

I peeped out my room to Kunle's door in hope the coast was clear and the master of the house was beyond reach. Avoiding him has been my mission since our shower discussion yesterday and so far, it was partially effective.

Satisfied all was clear, I rushed out of my room to the kitchen where Linda stood with her head down as a curvy lady in bumshort scolded her in a low but harshed tone.

Shutting the door, I turned to the pair. "Good morning Linda, hope no problem?"

"Good morning Grace, you don't have to worry there is no problem." She gave what I supposed to be a smile before turning off the gas.

"Ok then, good morning," I greeted the strange lady but she rather hissed and moved from beside Linda, taking with her an empty mini tray.

"Na wah oh. Aunty good morning," I repeated feeling my joyful mood slowly slip.

"Bitch I heard you, I am not fucking deaf," She blurted.

With rapid blinking eyes, I turned to Linda whose eyes were wide open. She lifted her hands in a 'calm down motion' while I slowly let my eyes trailed the lady. I was stuck between being the mature one or the crazy-ass bitch that would give her all she deserved in one blow.

Coming to a stand, I shook my head and walked out only to be stopped by Kunle who appeared from the Gym room with his knowing smile and a towel which he twirled playfully.

"Good morning beautiful," he said, now before me.

"Good morning sir," I replied,  walking past him and heading to my room.

"Seriously?" He inquired trailing me.

Just then, the kitchen door opened and the strange lady strolled out.

"You are up already? I was making slight changes to your breakfast."

Changes? Who be this again?  With folded hands, I stared from our new guest to Kunle.

"Grace, this is my childhood friend Cassandra, Cassandra meet Grace."

"It's so nice meeting you," she said with a wide smile as she extended her hands.

Was it not this same girl that just called me bitch? Oh God watin I no go see.

With parted lips, I stared from her hands to Kunle who watched with interest as his childhood friend pulled a crafty act I was sure he knew nothing of.

"Nice meeting you," I said before moving past them, leaving her hands hanging mid-air.

***

"Who is she?" Monica inquired as Cassandra strolled by still on her bum short.

"Cassandra, that's the name."

"More like Cassava, Cassinova, or Carrots, how can one person have that big ass?"

"You can ask her when she pass again," I said, switching the Tv station to MTV Base.

The squishy sound of her movement beside me made me turn to her leaned form. "Una no dey talk? I mean you and her."

With raised brows and twisted nose, I stared at her through the corner of my eyes in hopes she got the message.

"Ok, I know that look, you do that when someone pisses you off."

"Can we change the topic?" I was at the verge of saying unpleasant things that would land me in trouble.

"If you want." She paused. "But we must visit the topic again."