Chapter 40🥛

Kunle.

I laid on her bed while cuddled up with her pillow which still had her scent despite her absence for the past four days. It brought about memories as I shut my eyes and imaged all her features, her brown eyes, long legs and one-sided dimples that deepen when she smiled and glowed with her dark skin.

Giving her few days to sort out her feelings was what I did, but these past few days were hell for all I could think of was her and my baby, pushing work aside.

My phone vibration pulled me to reality as I tugged it out of my pocket. "Good morning Dad."

"I am downstairs, where are you?"

"I will be down in a minute, sir."

Letting go of the pillow, I sluggishly exited her room and slowly took the stairs to the living room.

"She left?"

"Yes sir."

"What are you going to do about that?" He inquired, folding his sleeves while sitting on the sofa with his legs crossed.

"I don't know what to do Dad...I honestly don't know."

"I brought in Cassandra and I am weighed down by guilt.

"It is not your fault, you were just trying to help," I said, shaking my head.

"It's not yours either, she's having my grandchild Kunle." He paused and stood. "Are you letting her go?"

"No sir, I can't."

"You love her?"

I nodded rubbing my neck with both my index and middle fingers. "I just want to give her some space to cool down."

"It might be too late son. Face it now, go talk to her."

"Dad-"

"You are my son, handle things like a man. Have you ever seen me backed down on anything?" He inquired all defences. "Unless your Mum wants me to back down of course, but that doesn't count does it?"

Smiling, I shook my head feeling high spirited by his mini inspiration speech. "It doesn't Dad."

"Good, I am going to fix my breakfast in your kitchen. You need to fix your life it is not good for business," he said and head to the kitchen.

***

Grace

"So you got knocked off by him?" Monica inquired for a million time since I returned home.

"Yeah and I feel like shit. Can you please stop asking?" I said as I drew my bag from the wardrobe, zipped it open and dumped a handful of my clothes into it.

"What are you doing?"

"Packing my stuff."

"Why?" She asked, now turning on the bed to face me.

Puffing out air from the hottest part of my lungs that housed all my depression and aggression I said, "I feel like running away."

"From your boss?"

"From Kunle."

"Same thing. Kunle is your Boss and also your baby daddy..." She trailed off with a smile. "It felt nice saying that."

"Fuck you."

"Thanks baby." She leapt from the bed and sat on the floor right next to my bag.

"Listen you and Natalie can come stay with me for some time, just push this running shit off your head because Kunle will hunt you for sure."