chapter 8🌾

Kens POV

I sat in the room, with nothing separating us but darkness. Reaching for her was as easy as killing an ant but I sat still.

It was not the right time.

The moment she walked into the stage, the hunger to devour her took control but I rolled my hands in a fist and gritted my teeth, inhaling slowly.

My plan was to know if she still flipped the pole, but never did I expect her splendid performance.

Oh, how the stars work in my favour, I thought, leaning forward though I had a perfect view of her.

Despite her mask, I knew it was her, the tattoo on her thigh and the confidence strode she took was something no one else could possess. Same confidence and strength she used in overcoming her troubles.

The moment she dropped down and smiled, my body vibrated, not just the hairs on my skin but all part of my body rose to her dance move. 

With much effort, I adverted my gaze from her to the owner of the club and got a sheepish smile.

"She's good right?"

"She's perfect," I replied, fixing my eyes back on my ex.

Immediately the stage went dark indicating the end of her performance, I stood, ready to leave.

"So do you accept my proposal sir?" The club owner called Sisi inquired.

I sighed and folded the sleeves of my grey shirt. "I still need to check out other strip clubs, I will get back to you pretty soon."

The proposal was fake and invalid, it was just a means to know if Grace still works in the club.

***

Few meters away from the strip club, I rolled the taxi to a stop as my thoughts moved to my lost months in prison.

Staring at my reflection on the rearview mirror I came to a conclusion, I didn't just want her back, but I wanted to make her pay for those painful days in prison.

I increased my grip on the steering wheel and drove off.

***