chapter 24🌪️

Grace

Refusing to respond to his kiss he pulled away. His eyes burnt into mine in a glare. "Oh c'mon, you don't have to play hard to get. Or do you?"

He placed a kiss on my forehead while I had his eyes. "I really don't want to use force. I want us both to enjoy this."

"I don't want this." It came out as a whisper as more tears flow out. I was surprised at how I haven't run out of waterworks.

"I don't want to do it this way either," he replied, moving his hands to my zipper.

I hit his hands, struggling despite being pressed down by his weight. "Let me go!"

"Shut the fuck up," he pressed his right hand to my neck, while his left hand tugged my trouser down my waist.

Coughing, I pulled at his hands begging for air. Suddenly, he let go and covered my lips with his palm. "Sh..."

Just then, the sound of a gunshot filled the air. Ken's head snapped to the door, his hands loosen its cover on my lips.

Sensing an opportunity, I bit his hand and screamed. 

"Fuck! You dog!" His hands connected to my face in a blow, while I continued my screams.

"Shut up." He slammed my head to the floor.

With my head spinning like a merry-go-round, I watched Ken stood from ontop me and moved to the door.

Closing my eyes I welcomed the darkness that was a cure to my pains.

***
Kunle

I rushed into the warehouse where Patrick and the others had things under control.

Two men handcuffed laid on the floor, one bleeding on his knees from the gunshot that went off seconds back.

"Where is Grace?" I inquired, directing my question to no one but praying I got an answer from someone. Instead, a loud scream from a dark allay came through.

Patrick turned to me and shook his head. "Don't go, we will handle this," He said, reading my thoughts that were crystal clear in my eyes.

Ignoring his words, I ran past him into the passageway, fumbling with my phone's touch light. I flashed the light around, an attempt to observe my environment.

The warehouse was filled with rooms at each side, some with broken doors, others with no doors at all.

Just then, a figure ran out of a door into another alley.

"Kunle!" Patrick's voice echoed. Knowing he was behind me as a backup, I ran after the figure.

I stopped at the door the figure ran out of and noticed a torchlight that shone on a human shape.

"Go after him," I said to Patrick who stopped beside me.

Without waiting for his reaction I walked into the room, pointing my torchlight at the figure that was Grace.

I rushed to her side with wide eyes as my nose twisted from the foul smell of rotten food and probably a dead rat. Her breast was exposed from her torn shirt, her trouser was pulled below her knees and her cheeks had stains of fresh blood.

"Jesus," I whispered pulling her trousers up.

Quickly, I took off my shirt and covering her before moving my hands to her head that gushed out blood.

Slowly, I placed my phone in my mouth, lifted her weightless, unconscious body off the ground and walked out of the room.

***
"I called an ambulance," Patrick said, as I walked past him to a police van.

"And when will the ambulance arrive? Before then she will be dead."

"Then I'm coming with you, you need a police escort." He helped me placed her on the car's backseat.

"Did you get the bastard?" I inquired, my head pounded as the desire to tear into Grace's ex made me roll my hands into a fist.

"No," he replied, his calculative eyes scanned the bushy environment.

"Then get him. Instruct one of your boys to take us to the hospital," I said and took my seat beside Grace, resting her head on my thighs.

***
Ken

I ran as fast as a lion's prey into the bushes, using the back door of the warehouse.

How did they fucking find us? Panting, I pushed the bushes in front of me and peeped down the road.

Just then, a van drove past and I  knew Grace was in that van headed for the nearest hospital.

ST Fatima hospital.

I walked out of the bushes to the road but ran back when I noticed more police vans driving towards the warehouse. My heart raced from both the fear of being caught and going back to the rusted room called prison.

Minutes later, I jumped out of the bushes and jogged to the main road which was meters away from the warehouse.

Walking down the street in only jeans and bathroom slippers, I thank God for the gift of the night that cleared all suspicion my way.

I moved further down the street and stopped before a compound where clothes were spread on a low fence.  I pulled down a wet shirt and tugged it down my body.

Now properly dressed, I continued my journey feeling my pocket for change.

2000naira

I placed the money into my pocket and continued my journey with an urgent need to get hold of something sharp for my mission.

I stopped an okada, the driver a young boy in a red cardigan. "You know where I fit get kitchen stuff?"

"Yes sir I do, it's just down the road."

Smiling at the educated boy, I climbed the bike extremely excited.

***

I walked into the hospital hall, past the nurses and doctors feeling knife resting in my pocket. My eyes scanned through the halls and doors, confused on how to find her room.

On cue, I saw Natalie and Monica, Grace's slutish friend walked out of a room with a doctor. Smiling sheepishly, I moved to the same room they left and walked in.

My smile widens as I watched her laid on the bed with her head and hands bandaged.

Exhaling, I walked to her bedside and ran my hands slowly down her thighs underneath the hospital gown. Watering my lips with my tongue, I pulled out the knife from my pocket but stopped as the door to the room opened.

Slowly looking up, I came face to face with my intruder.

***

Glossary

You know where I fit get kitchen stuff? - Do you know where I can get kitchen utensils?