Chapter 42💖

Grace

I snuggled closer to the warmth that I was pressed to but opened my eyes the moment I remembered who I laid next to.  His hands were around my waist and our legs were tangled, while my head rested on his chest.

"Kunle," I called, pushing him but instead of pulling away, he rolled over, coating me with his body.   

"Get off me," I whispered, suddenly milked by his eyes which never left mine.

"Kunle." This time it was a plea which he ignored and rather traced slow kisses from my forehead to my lips before setting me free from his cages which had me breathless.

"You don't have to sleep on the cushion. I will sleep on the floor," He volunteered as I slowly caught my breath.

"No need." I sat up, switched on the bedside lamp and placed my pillow between us as a boundary.

"This won't stop us from cuddling."

My glare was a response to his statement. But instead of being intimidated as planned, he burst into laughter. "I'm sorry, you just look funny," He said and I smiled.

"Finally I got a smile."

I moved to the edge of the bed and switched off the lamp. "Don't you dare come close to me."

"I can't assure you that."

***

I woke to an empty room and slight ache in my head that increased as I turned to the window across the room who's curtains were drawn, letting in radiant sunlight.

"Uhmm, I made breakfast but..."

"Good morning Kunle."

"Sorry, good morning baby," He said scratching his head and walking into the room

"What is wrong?"

"I burnt our breakfast."

Forgetting my ache, I burst into laughter, while he stood watching me with seriousness. "Chef Kunle."

"Are you going to make breakfast for us or are you going to sit  there laughing at my  effort?" He inquired with his hand akimbo.

"Don't worry yourself I will cook, I just need to use the restroom."

"Thank you," he said and walked out while I rushed to the bathroom.

**

Still on my pyjamas, I walked into the kitchen where he stood staring at fry pan with a burnt content in it. "What were you trying to prepare?"

"I tried making pancakes and I messed it up." 

I shook my head in disappointment, "Shift let me do better thing jor. Your dad will be disappointed."

He obediently moved like a two-year-old, leaned on the wall with hands folded while I trashed the supposed pancake.

"What?"

"I am learning," He said.

He lifted himself and sat on the kitchen cabinet where I mixed the flour.

"I want to clarify something now," he said as I nodded and switched on the gas.

"Why are you mad at me?"

"Seriously, right now? You are asking this now when I am close to the fire and a hot pan."

"Sorry avatar, I just wanted to know, but before you burn me with your fire powers, bye-bye." He jumped from the cabinet and left me with my cooking.