chapter 36🎶

Grace

"Why did you do that?" He inquired, swinging my door open and striding in while I jumped from my bed with my pillow in my hands for protection.

"What did I do?" I asked with still wide eyes.

"Did you hit Cassandra?"

"Yes but-"

"Nothing warrants that Grace. Nothing and you have no excuse, trust me you don't," He said cutting my defence.

"She was fucking holding my neck!" I yelled, throwing the pillow on the bed. For days he circumvented all communications with me and suddenly, he was back picking sides without listening to my part of the story, this alone had me pissed.

"Cassie will never do that."

"You trust her but not me?" I whispered.

"Listen."

"No Kunle... No need. See, I will not let your friend step on me. Infact, just tell her to keep her distance."

He moved closer and I noticed the lines underneath his eyes, his creased forehead and brows. The stress was visible on his face and I felt a great urge to hug him.

"You are fucking unbelievable, you know that? You slapped her for no reason. I should be warning you."

"You should know me better, I don't do things for no reason," I said with folded hands on my chest.

"What about the club? You were walking around the stage half-naked. Do you have a reason for that?"

In disbelief, I stared at him as he turned to leave after dropping the bomb. "Why are you mad at me?" He stopped before the door while I waited for an answer.

Seeing I wasn't getting an answer soon enough, I pushed further, "Is it because I was dancing half-naked or your friend?"

This time, he did respond but with the slamming of the door as he walked out.

***

Kunle

I saw no need to ponder on her question. It was clear and even a blind man could see the jealousy crawling in my eyes. When Cassandra made her complaint I knew she had done something crazy to push Grace to a raging point.

"Good evening Kunle." Natalie's voice drew me to reality as she passed a glass of juice to me before taking her seat on the sofa in the sitting room.

"Evening dear."

"Are you guys fighting again?"

I veered and caught her eyes which stared with seriousness. "Again?"

She furrowed her brows like a detective and nodded. "Yes again. But I need you to know cassava is at fault."

I burst into laughter which resulted in me spilling my drink and coughing as I gazed at her. "Why will you ever call someone that?"

"She has been rude to everyone. And I dislike her."

"Really?" Placing my glass of juice on the stool beside me, I uncrossed my legs and leaned forward with my hands tangled loosely together.

"Yes...I am sure Linda is scared of telling you all this. So go talk to sister mi."

"You won't understand, it's not that easy."

"I am fourteen not five, I know you like her so go sort things out."

"Was it that obvious?" I inquired, adjusting my shirt.