chapter 12🍬

Kunle

I looked up to see Grace walking towards me in a slow pace.

With creased brows, I wondered what she wanted, but instead of moving forward to make her complaint, she stood at the spot.

I turned back to explain my plans to Victor, the supervisor of Lucris, where we presently lodged in, but my attention was drawn again by Grace's movement

I looked up, expecting to see her walking towards me, but she moved to Chris, who I just noticed.

What's he doing here?

My thought was cut short when she placed her hands around his neck, and in seconds, her lips were on his. He moved his hands to her waist, pulling her closer.

I watched with compressed lips and raised brows, unable to shift my attention.

Jealous huh? My subconscious fired.

Why will I be jealous?

I shook my head, while she released him from her grip, whispered into his ear and walked out of the bar.

My eye trailed to Chris who had his 'All so great achievement' smile pasted on his lips. He met my stares and stood.

"Can we continue this discussion later Victor?"

"Of course sir." He stood and left for his duty post.

On cue, Chris took the seat in front of me.

"I didn't know you were in Abuja," I said and watched him grinned.

"I came to Abuja on Monday, to see elder sis, my plans were to check up on you in your suite, but I met Grace." He paused, tapping his hands on the wooden table.

"Simi came home crying, she shut everybody out, what happened?"

"The baby is not mine."

He stopped his tapping and fixed his gaze at me. "What do you mean?"

"She said the baby is not mine, turns out she met a friend of hers on her last trip and got pregnant for him," I explained and watched his jaw slacked.

He blinked severally and shook his head. "You know, I think after the child is born, you should still run a DNA test."

"Yeah, I'm sure going to do that." I nodded acknowledging his advice.

"So what's up with you and my personal assistant?" I sipped my drink.

"I dared her to kiss you."

"You did what?"

He gestured I kept calm by waving his hands. "Calm down, I knew she won't do it."

"What made you think so?" I sat straight, interested in his response.

"Men, that girl hates you," He said, in a sincere tone as he rubbed his jaws that was void of beards.

"You think so?" I inquired and watched him nodded with his smug smile.

"And you still dared her to kiss me? How wicked can you be?"

"C'mon, I knew she was never going to do it, so I gave her another option, which is-"

"Which is to kiss you." I cut him short with a frown.

"You used me for your stunt," I sneered.

"That's why we are bro's." He winked.

"Don't do that again."

"What? You mean this?" He asked and winked a second time.

"Guy I swear, I go pour you this drink if you do that thing again.