chapter 20🍛

Grace

I sat crossed leg scanning the dark quiet room that housed more mosquitos than a forest would.

It was my second day locked in an abandoned apartment I already placed to be a warehouse and I was only grateful that I was kidnapped rather than Natalie. The thought of what he would do to her created an ache in my head.

As if knowing I was thinking about him, Ken walked in, this time with a little kerosene lamp. He moved to me, kicked the plate of yesterday's untouched food spilling its content on my body.

I hated beans and beans was what he made. But besides the spoilt rejected meal, one thing was certain.

They needed a good cook.

Kidnapped by your crazy ex and it is only food you can think of.

"C'mon teddy bear, you can't survive without food." He sat on the floor beside me while I wiped the beans from my cheeks with my palm.

"I know you too well you love food," He said with a wide grin that gave him the look of a goat.

He indeed knew me too well, but not well enough to think I was going to eat that disgusting food that was mixed with oil and largely sliced pepper.

"I'm not eating that shit you call food," I mumbled, with my heart beating rapidly as I avoided eye contact with him.

"But that's what your baby ate in prison." He lifted my head with his index finger beneath my chin.

"And you know what else your baby had to go through?" He inquired as I looked into his bloodshed eyes without blinking. I couldn't let him know I was scared. I had to remain strong if not for anything, for Natalie. I needed to find a way out of the shit hole.

"Torture," he whispered into my ear with his hands pressed on my neck.

I gasped for air, hitting and pulling his hands but it was to no avail as he pressed further. Knowing I would lose consciousness if he didn't let go, I hit harder.

He freed my neck and stood while I gasp for air, but this didn't last long as he threw a slap on my cheek. I held on to the side of my cheek that hurt, but he spiced it up with another that sent me landing to the floor.

Fuck.

"How is your boss treating you?" He asked, watching me struggle to sit straight as I coughed out blood.

"I heard he is loaded with cash, are the rumours true?"

With clouded eyes, I sat straight as the cut on my lips poured out blood and the whistling of my ear reduced.

"I just pray you have a connection with him, like a fucking good connection. You know what I mean don't you?" he inquired, with a smirk.

I placed my hand on my lip wiping the blood and rubbing it on my shirt but never taking my eyes off the asshole. I watched him picked the lamp, and mosey out of the room.

Welcoming the darkness that followed his exit, I let my clouded eyes pour out its content. It was clear death was a sure thing for me, I had no one unless Natalie and Monica. And in this case, there was little they could do to help.

***

Ken's pov

Wiping her blood off my hands, I walked into the large room we used as a sitting room. It's only furniture was a rubber bucket for water, two benches and an office table that was presently surrendered by the boys playing a card game.

I stared at the towel in my hands and smiled remembering how good I felt watching her bleed. It was a sight that gave me the feeling of being in control.

I threw the towel on the table used by the boys. "It's time to call for ransom."

"Are you really going to let her go? I mean she knows our faces," Stainless the group driver said. His shirt was placed on his shoulder leaving his flat chest bare.

"Do  I look stupid to you?" I inquired with wrinkled nose while staring at him with distaste.

"I just need the money to pay you boys off, I'm keeping my girl," I said turning to Sky who covered his card with both hands and had a stolid expression as he listened to my instructions.

In truth I was never going to let Grace go, she was mine. Her ass was all mine.

"Stainless, I need you to get the taxi ready."

"Yes, but I go need go rent am again boss." He said, scratching his head that was cut low.

"Get it ready, Sky I need you in my office now. The ransom call will be tomorrow," I said and started for my office while the once quiet room went wild with cheer as they continued the card game.

Grace's boss was my target, according to the research conducted on him, he was a daddy's boy well known for his father's inheritance. I was sure he had enough to save the life of his poor, scared assistant.

Though deep down I held on to the idea that they were having an affair. He was a cute ass, a box filled with cash and an only son, that alone confirmed my presumption that they were fucking. This made him the perfect target.

***

Glossary

I go need go rent am again boss_ I will need to rent the taxi again boss.