Part 18:

Monday, potions:
Y/N's POV:
I sit myself down in my usual seat, placing  my bag on the floor.
"Y/N." Oliver whispers amongst the noise, I rapidly tuck my chair in.
"Yeah?"
"Do you know what... Alicia smells like?"
"What the fuck?!"
"No no... I know it sounds weird. It's just because we're doing amortentia today."

"Oh. I see. Not sure that I'm the right person you should be asking." I sigh, feeling a little defeated. He nods his head and turns back to finishing his notes.

"SILENCE!" Snape yells, startling the whole lot of the class.
"So today, we will be making amortentia! Oliver, would you be so kind to explain to us what that is?"
"A Love Potion that causes a powerful infatuation or obsession in the drinker. It has a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they find most attractive or desire." He explains.

"Very well... the ingredients for this are ashwinder eggs, rose thorns, peppermint oil, moonstone..." He begins to blab on and on, his words trail off.
"Y/N!" He calls, snapping me out of it.
"Yes, Sir?"
"Seeing as you weren't listening, you can be the first to tell us what you smell in the amortentia. Now go get the ingredients, all of you!"

Everyone hurries off to grab the ingredients, Oliver in the front of the queue.

We begin to make the potion, adding the right amount of each.
"Now, have we all completed it?" Professor Snape asks, scanning his eyes in every corner of the room.
"Now. As I promised, Y/N you start."
I swallow, kind of scared for about what I'm about to smell.

"Broomstick wax... uhhh... the leather of a Quaffle..."
Gasps fill the room, I go bright red.
"And?"
"Uh... cinnamon gum..."
I feel several stares burn through my back. I don't even know who I'm on about, how do they?
"Very well. Oliver, you're up next."

I rush back to my seat, head hung low.
"Um... broomstick wax, rose oil and... lavender."
Gasps fill the room again.
"Very well... sit yourself down."

"Oliver!" A violent whisper comes from afar.
"What?"
"You smelled Y/N..." I glance up to see a very familiar ginger... Fred.
"What? That's ridiculous! No I didn't." He spits out in a strong accent.
"Keep telling yourself that." He smirks. It all makes sense now... I smelled Oliver in mine too...

"George! Up now!"
George scatters over to the front. I just know that he's going to smell Trix.
"Uh.. vanilla."
Trixie's perfume smells like vanilla.
"Melted chocolate..."
Trixie's favourite movie night snack.
"Fruity... like apples..."
Trixie's shampoo is apple scented.

"Trixie!" I yell, causing her eyes to dagger over to my direction.
"No shouting in my classroom!"
"Sorry."
Several people go up next to announce what they got. I don't pay attention until it's Alicia's turn.

"Broomstick wax, cinnamon gum and the leather of a Quaffle. It's a shame that he didn't get my scents, ey?" She rolls her eyes, a sad expression on her face.

"Y/N... can we talk after this?" Oliver asks.
"Yep." A slight smile forms on my face.
"Thanks..."

After class:
"So..."
"Well let's cut to the chase. I know what this is about, you smelled me in your amortentia and I smelled you in mine. I know what you're gonna say, you're going to tell me that we can never do this because I'm in Slytherin. I get the hint. It's fine."
"No. I wasn't going to say that."

"What then?"
"Well... I can't just ignore my feelings." I stare at him with an absurd look on my face.
"What?" He questions.
"So now you want to start?!" I scoff.
"Y/N. What do you mean? Now that I'm certain that I like you..."
"No. I like Adrian. I'm sorry..."
"Well you clearly don't. You smelled me in your amortentia."
"Oliver..."
"Face it."

"Just go back to Alicia."
"I smelled YOU in my amortentia. Not her."
"It's complicated though, isn't it?"
"How is it?"
"It just is..."
"Look, I'm not trying to force you into anything or owt like that."
"No it's fine... I do like you." I weakly smile before rushing off, kind of frightened about what has just came out of my mouth.

"Y/N!" He calls after me several times, catching up to me now. I feel a tug on my arm.
"Wood!" I exclaim, turning bright red.
"Did you really mean that?"
"You're making this awkward!" I hiss.
"Well! Sorry for wondering!" He tuts.
"I don't wanna discuss this right now..."
"Come on.. just tell me!"
"Well.. yes. I'm not gonna lie either, I have always found you handsome." I giggle.

"Young me always found you beautiful too. Well now look. You're even more than just beautiful." He winks.
"Enough with the flirting! No wonder they're all head over heels for you."
"Who?"
"All of the Gryffindor, Hufflepuff AND Ravenclaw girls! You bagged the whole lot of them!"
"What can I say?" He chuckles, fake flicking at the long hair that he doesn't have.

"Well. You're a bit of a player too."
"Yeah. Totally. After I've been stuck on Alicia for ages."
"You still lead them on."
"I don't! I just have a flirty personality."
"Yeah. If you wanna call it that then go ahead."
"That's besides the point anyway..."
"How so? I just don't want to get led on..."
"I'm not going to lead you on, Y/N."

"You might." I shrug.
"I won't. Especially not you."
I roll my eyes, of course I want to say yes but I need to leave it out for a bit first.
"Sure. I won't fall for your tricks, Wood."
"Okay.. I get it that I may be moving a bit fast. So I'll get to know you a lot more."
"You already know me 'a lot more'."
"I want to know all about you though." He smiles.

"Sounds good to me... What about Alicia?"
"Don't worry about it..."