Part 34:

Harper's wedding:
As we approach the gorgeously set out venue, I grin to myself as I clutch onto Oliver tightly. My big sister is getting married.

Trixie and I got the opportunity of being bridesmaid, so we're even more excited than usual. Admiring the beautiful views, I slowly make my way towards the steps.

The silky material clings to me, flowing behind me.
"You look beautiful, Moonshine." He whispers into my ear, causing me to become flustered.
"Not looking too bad yourself, Ollie. You're bluffing though." I giggle, caressing his cheek with my hand.

Harper leads the way, her maid of honour and best man with her. Oliver and I following behind them. Behind us, Trixie and George strut in, hand in hand. Phoenix and Chloe walking slowly after them, Max and Hermione, Axel and Luna, River and Marietta and Astrid with her friend Ginny, who just so happens to be Fred and George's little sister. I guess Ginny's okay now.

The Weasley's wave at us from the crowd, Fred and Angelina beaming excitedly at us as we scamper awkwardly behind my older sister.

Harper's stunningly curled hair sways behind her, just above her shoulders. Her diamond crest white dress swirls behind her as Father walks her down the aisle.

"Your little Astrid is the split imagine of Harper." George mumbles from behind us.
"That's what I was thinking." Oliver murmurs back, securely tightening his grip taking me by surprise.

As we form a line around the stage where the proper wedding is taking place, the emotional vows start straight away. Not paying too much attention to the words being said, I nestle into Oliver who's grinning at the soppiness.

As soon as the vows end, they kiss and my eyes widen at the sight. What the fuck have I just encountered? No thank you. I did not want to see my sister kissing her new husband today.

————————————————————————
Later on:
Encouraging Trixie to come dance with me, she eventually gives in.
"Oh fine! Only because I love you!" She giggles, gesturing me over for a dance. I squeeze her tightly whilst laughing, thanking her as she never really likes to dance.

The music turns to a slow, rhythmic tune.
"Really? A slow dance?" She scoffs.
"Oh shut it! It is a bit manky though, I was expecting something more upbeat."
"Well, we haven't slow danced since second fucking year!" She bursts out laughing, taking ahold of me as she awkwardly trips.

"Oh you clumsy bugger." I tug her upwards, nearly tripping myself.
"Okay quick! Before it ends!" She chuckles, wrapping her arms around me once again.
"We are going to fail miserably!"
"It's fun! Don't spoil it." She cheekily adds, this is coming from the girl who rarely even wants to dance!

As we begin to dance, our positions change about a thousand times. I whiz her around, pulling her back over and she nearly trips for a second time.
"Thank the Lord you caught me, Mrs Wood!"
"Shut up Trix!" I hiss, threatening to drop her.

Her voluminous natural curls bounce up and down behind her as we desperately, but rather stupidly, dance together. As the dance wraps up, I fling my arms around the girl.

"What are you doing?" She questions before resting her head on my shoulder.
"Am I not allowed to hug my best friend?!" I jokingly exclaim.
"It's just not like you!"
"Well, expect more of it, Trix."
"Thought it was just for this occasion!"
"Of course not, now come on, let's get back to the rest of them."

Yanking her along with me, we meet up with Oliver and George in the middle of the room.
"Finally!" George chuckles at our sudden appearance.
"Be quiet!" Trixie quickly pecks his cheek, before turning bright red.
"Aw." Oliver mutters in my ear, pulling me close towards him.

————————————————————————
Some time later:
Fixing my posture, I clear my throat before propping myself down at our delicately set table. The tablecloth matches the bridesmaid dresses, a deep sapphire blue colour. Sitting at my table, there is:
Oliver, Trixie, George, Fred, Angelina, Astrid, Ginny, Phoenix and Chloe.

A glass clinks, springing me out of my daydreams. Everyone's eyes divert straight over to the main table, where Harper's maid of honour is hovering over the table with her carefully written out speech in her hands.

Harper looks especially radiant, she's glowing and has a whole lot or colour in her cheeks today. Focusing back on the maid of honour, she begins her speech.

"So for those of you that don't know me, I'm the lovely bride's best friend, my name is Hailey and I'm the maid of honour today. So let me start off to say that...." Hailey drags on and on about her appreciation, the memories they share together, several jokes and wraps it up with a thank you. Claps erupt in the room from every direction, swishing around the room.

Speeches from the best man and parents from both sides also occur, leaving me rather bored at my parent's sentimental words. They're never usually this emotional, but seeing as their eldest daughter is getting married, I don't blame them.

I catch Trixie glaring at something from across the room, so I glance into the direction. Spotting a platinum haired boy with his parents, I realise exactly why she's looking so annoyed.