Part 24:

Oliver's POV:
"Right. So we have to give them a tour instead of going to herbology." Fred states.
"Yeah." Trixie nods her head.
"I don't really like that anyway. Come on then!"
"There they are." Y/N wags her finger into their direction, hurriedly rushing towards them. Her long brown hair flows delicately behind her as she runs along.

I admire her for a moment, snapping out of the trance.
"Hi. You lot must be the new students."
"Yeah. I'm Hayden, that's James, that's Nadine and that's Riley." He nods his head along, smiling.
"Got it. Well I'm Y/N, that's Trixie, that's Oliver, Fred, George and Lee."

"Twins, I see." Riley notices.
"Yep." Trixie adds.
"Wait, that's Y/N Moonshine?" James whispers not so quietly to Hayden.
"Sh!! Yes." He nudges him.
"Uh... yeah. I am. Why?"
"Nothing."

"Sweet." Hayden mutters.
"Okay, do you wanna start then?" Lee questions, beginning to get closer to Riley.
"Yeah. Sure." Riley edges towards him too. I wink at him, annoying him to the max.

I stick to Y/N's side like glue, sometimes eyeing Nadine as she's just really... well... mysterious. Her eyes scan around the hall, stunned at how everything is set up.

"Oliver... You're staring at her." Y/N gulps.
"No I'm not!"
"Can you make your crush on her any less obvious?"
"Stop!"
"I'm only messing!"
"Not funny." I scowl, gently and jokingly slapping her on the back of her head.

She ruffles my hair, smirking mischievously.
"What did you do?" Her spending that amount of time with the twins could mean ANYTHING.

"Nothing!" I get her into a loose headlock, laughing.
"Ey, what you doing?" James looks at us weirdly, observing our every move.

"Eh? Nothing. Just joking about." Y/N pushes me away, untwisting my arm from around her neck.

"Come here, you! Think you can get away that easy!" I wind my arm around her, pulling her in tightly.
"Oliver!!" She whines. I let go of her, chuckling.

"Oliver, is it?" A voice trails after me, Y/N and I both whizzing around.
"Yes. Why?"
"I'm Nadine... although you probably already know."
"Yeah I do. Hi, Nadine."
"Hey. Sorry if you saw me cause a huge... well uproar earlier."
"Oh no that's okay, don't worry about it." I softly smile.

"So... is this school nice then?" Nadine wedges between Y/N and I, Y/N scoffs.
"Yeah. It's good I guess."
"I know you're probably hesitant to speak to me..."
"No it's okay. You seem nice."
"Yeah. Thanks. Most people usually don't like me."

"As long as you don't try and go out of your way to ruin my quidditch, we'll be fine." I laugh as she giggles along.
"Don't worry, I'm not really interested in quidditch too much."
"How come?"
"Not really my type of thing."
"You're more of a... class person?"

"Yeah. You probably wouldn't believe me when I say this but I enjoy learning about muggles."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah..."
"That is a little hard to believe."
We chatter away until approaching our first class.

"So, this is charms." Y/N takes lead of everything, informing the new students.
"Who's that?" James points, simmering closer towards her.
"Just the teacher."

Rapidly walking ahead to try and eavesdrop on their conversation, I drag Nadine along with me.

"Are all of the girls in Slytherin as pretty as you?"
"You'll find that they're even prettier."
"I'll be surprised! You're beautiful."
"Thank you, not too bad yourself." Y/N winks, giggling.

Not wanting to get involved, I stand my ground behind them.

"So... you're with Y/N?" Nadine hesitantly asks, taking my attention away from Y/N and James.
"What? No. Why?"
"Just... the way you look at her you know?"
"Yeah..."
"So you like her?"
"I don't really feel comfortable discussing this..."
"Oh come on! Who am I going to tell?"

"Well yeah. I do..."
"She seems like she's with James?"
"She's not. They're just joking about."
"People don't joke about like that with just anyone."
"Please.. don't say that."
"You know..." She stares up at me, batting her eyelashes.

"What?"
"Well. Fuck her."
"What do you mean?"
"You don't need her, silly. You have me now... if she's made it clear that she doesn't want you then don't hold back!"
"Nadine...."
"Oh come on. It's harmless."

I sigh, glancing at Y/N who's laughing away. Jealousy races through me, I feel a little nauseous. I watch as her brown locks bounce behind her flawlessly, her mouth curves upwards as she giggles, her eyes with that innocent look hidden deep inside, her dimples carved into her cheeks.

"I can't." I mumble.
"Why?"
"I... just can't." I sigh heavily.
"Fine. The offer still stands. You'll regret not taking it up." She shrugs.