Part 39:

2 years later:
After receiving numerous amounts of owls from my siblings who demand help, Oliver and I finally pluck the courage up to send a response.

The Battle of Hogwarts will begin soon...

"Ollie... I don't know what I imagined to happen at Hogwarts, but it was never this."
"Don't worry, Moonshine. We have to go help them though. Think about it, without Hogwarts, we would've never even met."

He still calls me Moonshine, I guess old traditions die hard.
"Have you spoken to Fred?" I hesitate.
"Yes.. him and George have agreed to Ron's and Ginny's desperate pleas for help." He sighs.
"Well, you're right Ollie. We can't let them down..."
"It's settled then. We'll leave tomorrow."
"Shouldn't we tell Trixie?"
"No need. They fled with Fred yesterday..."
"God, I'm scared..."
"Don't worry. Nothing will happen to us."

"I sure hope we defeat the dark side for good."
"We will...."

Stopping the discussion, we both trail off to bed. Exhaustion fills me as I crash down, petrified of what's to come.

The next day:
Barely sleeping due to pure dread, I shake Oliver awake at 6.
"Come on..."
Yawning, he jumps up rather speedily. As we collected the things we need yesterday, there is no worrying about packing necessities.

"Come on... we shouldn't waste time." He miserably explains after finishing getting ready. It's now around 6:30 and we're prepared to leave.

"Don't stress, love."
"Trying not to."

As we arrive at Hogwarts after a long, horrendous journey my eyes droop low. Shaking myself awake, memories fill my head of the past events of Hogwarts. I've missed this place so much.

But now wasn't a time for reminiscing.
We have to start soon.

"I know you don't want to do this." Oliver winces at his own words, taking a glimpse of the old worn out floors.
"We have to, Ollie. This was our home at one point."

The first of May, 1998. That's the date. The date before we have to fight.

The next day:
Hesitating, Oliver and I both set off. Tears stream down both of our faces as we carefully scamper over to my younger siblings along with their friends.

Max, Hermione, Ron and Harry.
Ginny, Luna, Astrid and Axel.
River and Cho.

Hurling myself at Axel, I squish him as he wraps his arms securely around me.
"Oh Ax... Promise me you'll find me straight after this."
"I promise, Y/N."

"I love you, darling. I'm in shock and denial of this... I'm not sure how they all know for certain about this but I'm trusting their word... He's got everyone. He's got everyone." Oliver begins to freak out, cuddling me closely.
"Oliver, it's okay. It's okay. Come on..." I take his hand and lead him to a secluded area, cupping his face and kissing his cheek.

Later:
McGonagall and Kingsley Shacklebolt sternly warn us and prepare us for what's about to happen. Delighted to see so many old students deciding to help the community out, they welcome us all back.

"The school has been turned into a monstrosity, according to Ginny." Oliver whispers into my ear, telling me all about what's occurred recently.
"You're kidding me..." I gasp, whimpering.
"Don't worry. We're going to turn this place back to the Hogwarts that we all know."

"Max has told me... that Dumbledore had given Harry a mission. The horcrux mission." I mutter very quietly, only in earshot of Oliver.
"Oh dear Merlin... what has happened to the place we once called home?"
"It'll be over, love. Soon." I kiss his cheek before turning to the rest of the crowd, who were following behind the leaders of us all.

The fight starts, You-Know-Who - or should I say Voldemort - leads his army out from the Shrieking Shack.

Scattering around hopelessly in the Room of the Requirements, I spot several death eaters from below. This place will be in shreds soon. All younger students had been evacuated earlier, or so I was told by Max. I see several younger students limping around though?

"They destroyed the quidditch pitch!" Oliver whines, his cheeks heating up.
"Calm down, Ollie. Come on!" But before I can grab his arm, he's off. Oh no... I can't go off in a hurry to find him now.

Distracting me from my thoughts about Oliver, fire splashes everywhere. Hermione yanks my hand, pulling me away from the flying flames who were swooshing near us now. Ron was in the lead of us, he has ahold of Hermione's hand. Sparks zoom towards us. Dodging them, we scramble away from the petrifying amber flames. Max is clinging onto Hermione.

"You've nearly just been killed, Mione! Are you okay?!" Max bellows.
"Look, we'll talk about this later."

The clock finally hits midnight, to which Max told me earlier that this was when Voldemort requested for Harry to be handed over to him. My underage siblings are out there somewhere, Oliver is out there somewhere, Trixie and George are out there somewhere, Fred is out there somewhere.

Clutching onto the tiny piece of hope I have left, I motivate myself to keep on going.

"They're coming!" A terrified Hermione screams.

————————————————————————
Sorry for changing the Battle of Hogwarts scene a whole lot, just wanted to edit it to my own accord.
- Not proof read.