Part 27:

Oliver's POV:
After school:
I wonder if Y/N and I will ever end up together. Everything is so complex... It saddens me thinking about it, like emptiness in a pit at the bottom of my heart. What if she ends up with Adrian, or James? I don't even know if I would be able to cope seeing her in school anymore. Am I just being overdramatic? I can't imagine myself with anyone else, as much I try to image it, it just fails.

Although sometimes I may be a little flirtatious with others at times, I sure do adore the girl. It's taken me so long to finally realise and I'm not prepared to give it all up now that I may have her. No, no. I don't even like her that much. What am I on about?

Dismissing the thoughts rapidly, I scramble through the halls in an attempt to distract myself. Head held low, I pace around the library.

Unexpectedly, I bump into someone. Their books sprawl all over the floor.
"Sorry." I mumble, helping them pick their stuff up.
"What a surprise to see you here." A familiar brunette smiles.
"Well hello, Moonshine." What a coincidence, I was just reminiscing about her, making myself feel a whole lot worse.
"Well, who were you expecting?"
"Don't be silly." I grunt, shaking my head.
"I'm messing!"

"What are you doing in here anyway?" She questions.
"Thinking. Maybe going to start my homework."
"Well, come on. Let's do it together."
"Sure." I take up the offer, glad that she even wants to spend time with me. Why am I thinking like this? I need to wind my neck in.

Preparing the table, we place the mountains of homework that Snape set us on the table beside our belongings. As much as I strongly dislike the amounts of homework he sets us, I'm actually glad he set this much for once. It gives me an excuse to actually sit with her, instead of looking like a bloody lunatic trying to speak to her.

Why am I overthinking this so much? It usually just flows naturally.
"OLIVER!" Y/N growls, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Sorry."
"Right, so..."

"What question is a shrinking solution supposed to be? Does he think we're stupid?!" Y/N mumbles angrily, jotting the answers down. Laughing at her response, I stare up straight into her eyes.

Noticing, she pokes me playfully.
"What are you looking at?" I shudder as I shake the feeling off.
"Sorry..."
"Don't be sorry, Wood." She grins, probably realising that I was staring at her.
"Classic nickname, ey Moonshine?" She giggles before lifting my hand into hers.

She flushes red as I squeeze her hand, bringing her closer towards me.
"Looks like that was just a starter question..." She nervously gulps, staring down at the instructions before our eyes.

"What do we have to do?" I ask, removing my hand from hers so I can hold my paper down.
"Explore antidotes..."
"This is ridiculous." I huff.
"At least you're not doing it on your own."
"I've got amazing company instead."
"Flattering, Wood."
"Well, I mean it." I chuckle as I watch her squirm nervously in her chair. When has she ever done that before?

"Oh scrap this." I growl.
"We've just started!"
"Oh come on Y/N, we have a few weeks to do this." She nods along, grabbing ahold of my hand once again.

Leading her over to the lake, I watch as she sits closer to the edge. Dragging me down with her like usual, she rests her head on my chest.

Holding her close towards me, I smile to myself whilst watching the sun slowly begin to fade away. It reflects onto the ripples of water, giving them a shiny appearance. The squid bobbles its head up and down, gliding through the water flawlessly.

The purple and pink skies mixed together mesmerise me, leaving me in awe. What a beautiful end of the day... It surely wasn't expected, but here it is.

"I really like you." Y/N mutters under her breath, disguising it with a deep sigh.
"What was that, Moonshine?" I smile wildly.
"Nothing."
"Don't worry. I heard just fine." I rest my chin on her head, stroking her hair and pulling it back.
"I like you a lot, too." I whisper into her ear, which causes her to give a huge grin upwards.

Lifting her chin up, I plant a kiss on her lips before turning back to watch the views. The moon flips over, the sun completely disappears. The only thing lighting up the night sky are the vibrant stars filling the sky evenly.

My thoughts from earlier suddenly float back into my head, oh how wrong I was...