Part 31

Y/N's POV:
I glance at the letter in disbelief. Harper... getting married?
"Wait, what?" Trixie mumbles, taking her eyes off of the letter that had also been handed to her for a split second.
"That was my reaction too." Phoenix admits.
"Who even is that?!" I exclaim, more puzzled than ever.
"Mum is fuming that she's getting married before even introducing the boy to us."
"I don't blame her!" I scoff.

"So, who's going?" Trixie asks, intrigued and curious.
"She's invited loads of people!" He sighs.
"Oh."
"If you wanted to know though, the Weasley's are already invited." He winks, aiming that comment at Trixie. She beams.
"Are the Wood's going?" She questions.
"Yes. Why?"
"Y/N..."
"Shut up, Trix!" I murmur.
"Is that so? You two are... together?" Phoenix smirks.
"Yeah." Oliver declares proudly.

"Looks like Astrid is the only single one!"
"Well, she's first year you doofus. What about you and River? Wait... AND Axel?"
"River's with Marietta... Axel is with Luna. Haven't you heard?"
"As in Luna Lovegood?" I ask, squinting a little.
"Yes! Grandfather says that she's no good for him."

"Don't listen to what that grumpy hag says! Who are you with then?"
"Uh..."
"Spit it out, Nix!" Trixie giggles. I remember her massive crush on Phoenix in first year. Goodness, how far she's come.

"Chloe Winter."
"NO WAY!"
"What do you mean no way, Y/N?"
"There's no way you pulled a girl as pretty as her."
"Oh shut it you!" He chuckles, gently slapping my arm.
"So when was you planning on telling me this?!"
"When were you planning on telling me about Oliver?!"
"We just got together!"

Dinner:
Carelessly trotting towards the great hall, I bump into a rather small brunette girl.
"Sorry!" She laughs, brushing herself down.
"No no, I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." She offers to help me up.
"Oh, you're Y/N aren't you?"
"...Chloe?" I struggle to identify her before it finally rings a bell in my head.

"Phoenix told me that he finally told you this morning, my convincing worked then I suppose." She rambles on, giggling.
"Oh that little shit wasn't even considering telling me, was he?!" I gather, shaking my head vigorously.

"Suppose not!"
"You're out of his league anyway! Probably why he was frightened to tell me - thought I would bully him perhaps!"
The petite girl chuckles to herself.

"You're with Wood, aren't you?" She asks, a knowing look plastered over her face.
"Yes, how do you know?"
"Word travels fast around Hogwarts. Especially the Gryffindor common room. Nobody in Gryffindor can keep a secret!" She waffles, showing me how similar the houses are altogether.

Her wavy hair flows flawlessly behind her, not a single piece of out place.
"Well, I better go!" She adds.
"Yeah, me too. I'm sure Trix will be waiting for me. It was nice to meet you, Chloe." I smile warmly at her before cautiously slipping out of the hallway.

The warmth of the great hall greets me, causing me to feel nothing but serene and radiant. Beaming at the distant chatter of the hall, I glance around the room in an attempt to find Trixie.

Vibrant colours blind me, for some odd reason I just feel so delighted to be here. After all of these troubles, my life has finally peaked. All due to Oliver.

Butterflies swarm my stomach even thinking about his name. Everything has finally worked out.

"Y/N!" Trixie screeches, snapping me out of my happy thoughts.
"What? Sorry." I rub my eyes harshly.
"Come on." She yanks me over to the Gryffindor table, shoving me into someone's arms.

"Hey!" I bellow, unsure of who's holding me right now.
"Well hello." Oliver chuckles. Oh I should've guessed. Kissing his cheek softly, I ruffle his hair.

"I'm gonna be sick!" George claims, fake gagging.
"Shut up, ginger." Oliver kicks him from under the table.

"You know what..." Oliver begins to say before pausing.
"What?"
"I've been meaning to tell you, your little brothers helped me pluck up the courage to be able to ask you out." He openly admits, bringing a smile to my face.
"Really? Which ones?"
"Max and River."
"That's so sweet..." I begin to feel all soppy at the fact he asked my little brothers for help.

"Flattering, Moonshine." He laughs, winking in a jokey manner.
"Shouldn't it be Wood?" Fred smirks.
"Oh you little shit! Again?!" I mutter, giggling.
"Well how's your Mrs Angelina Weasley?" Oliver jabs, diverting his eyes from Angelina to Fred with a knowing look.
"We're together..."
"And you didn't tell me?!" George sounds offended.
"It was supposed to be a secret!"
"You've spilled it now." George crosses his arms.
"Oh really? You're gonna get offended by that?! When Lee was first to know that you're dating Trixie?!"
"Well who knew first for you?!"
"Oliver!" Fred declares.
"See!"
"Oh shut it you two!" Trixie rolls her eyes.

"You alright lass?" Oliver whispers, resting his arm on my leg. Smiling at the nickname, I nod my head.
"Good."

Gryffindor Common Room:
"You're not going to be able to sneak us in here!" Trixie hisses at Oliver, George, Fred and Lee.
"Of course we are! Don't doubt our tricks." Lee whispers, tiptoeing towards the door.
"It's not completely out of bounds. You've been allowed here before." Oliver tries to reason with us.
"For a party, you absolute pleb." I scoff.

Trying not to look suspicious, Fred peeks in through the lock to check if the coast is clear.
"Y/N's brother is in there! With a girl!" Fred announces.
"Keep it down! It must be Chloe." I say in a hushed tone.
"Would they care?" George questions.
"No. Just let us in already! Before we get caught sneaking around after school hours!" I rush them.

He eventually allows us in.
"Thank Merlin!" Trixie exclaims, huffing.
"Finally." Lee tuts.
"Alright, alright. Shut it. You're in now."

Carefully examining the beautiful room, I notice how truly full of red it actually is. I know I've been in here before, but I truly didn't take much notice of it. It's magnificent....

"Y/N?" Oliver calls after me.
"Yeah?"
"What are you doing?"
"Admiring this room... Never seen anything quite like that." In all honesty, I'm in absolute awe.
"After you're in here for a while, it gets rather bland. It is lovely though."
"I would never get tired of it."
"Well, you should come here more often."
"And risk getting caught by McGonagall? No way! She can be scary when she wants to be."
"She adores Trixie though, so if you both come you'll be fine."

"Fair point... Why don't you come to the Slytherin common room too?"
"You're joking..."
"No!"
"Snape?! He's even SCARIER than McGonagall."
"I think you'll find... that Snape doesn't go wandering around our common room."
"Perhaps he should go to your dorm instead!" Lee cracks a joke.
"Shut up!!" Oliver and I both yell in unison, ludicrously laughing.

————————————————————————
When I have to end this story, I'm honestly going to be so upset haha. I know this has lots of parts already, which probably throws people off but I'm so attached to it 😂.