Part 36:

Ball:
Clambering to our dorms after charms, Trixie and I begin to get ready for the ball that she convinced McGonagall to set up.

"Y/N! Come here!" She desperately ushers me over, wanting to show me something.
"What is it?"
"My dress."
"Finally! You're letting me see it!"
Before I properly see it, a glimpse of red flashes before me.
"Red, ey?"
"To match with George." She admits, flushing red.
"Show me then!"

"In a second!" She speedily disappears into our bathroom before saying another word, I patiently wait.

A scuffled noise erupts from the bathroom.
"Done!" She announces, scurrying out once again. What I see amazes me.

"Trix, you look beautiful

"Trix, you look beautiful." My eyes widen in disbelief, she looks gorgeous!
"Don't flatter me. Now I wanna see you, hurry!"
Still glancing back at her to acknowledge her beauty, I rush into the bathroom.

 Now I wanna see you, hurry!" Still glancing back at her to acknowledge her beauty, I rush into the bathroom

Nervously observing my looks in the mirror, I eventually scamper up. Trixie's jaw drops.
"What?"
"You look... WOW!" She exclaims, waddling up to me in her heels. Her clammy hands wrap around me tightly, squeezing me. Nearly lifting me up off of the floor, I swat her hand away.

"Y/N! I can't believe it. You look amazing." Her expression softens as she looks me up and down, grinning from ear to ear.
"Look at you! You look drop dead gorgeous. George is going to be in for a real treat." I beam, faffing around with her dress.

"Come on. Let's get ready." She waffles on, eyeing the clock carefully.

Finishing:
I finish applying the makeup, waiting for Trixie. My hair is curled and drooping down low to my hips.
Staring at Trixie in awe once again, I scatter over to her.

Taking her by surprise, I fling my arms around her waist and swing from side to side whilst holding her.
"You little wotsit!" She cries out, clutching onto my arms whilst giggling.

"Come on, Trix. We haven't got all day gorgeous."
"Okay, okay. I'm finished now away."

She grabs her flimsy jacket from off of the side and drags me out of the dorm.

Arriving late, as per usual, Trixie and I hopelessly glance around the room, looking for our dates.

"Hello, beautiful." A deep voice startles me, intertwining his arm within mine.
"Ollie. You look amazing."
"So do you."
"Okay okay, enough of the sop. Once again. Let's go!" Fred bellows.

Trixie effortlessly spinning around at the first dance, I carefully spy on them dancing. I didn't know she had it in her!
Whenever she's with with George, she just seems to become capable of all abilities. He brings out the best in her.

"I must say girls, you've really outdone yourselves." Adrian raises his eyebrow in shock.
"Uh.. thanks." I nervously smile - rather flabbergasted at what seems like the backhanded compliment.
"Oliver, mind if I whisk her away for a dance?" He queries, offering yet asking for permission.
"I do, actually." He glares at him.
"Ollie, it's okay." I pat his hand.
"Woah." Adrian laughs, Alicia appears by his side.

"Alicia?"
"What a surprise." She sneers, directing the comment at me.
"Watch your lip, Spinnet." Trixie snarls, barging in the conversation.
"Wills, I suggest you stay out of it."
"Or what?"
"Or..."

"No, you won't do anything." I add.
"Aw, best buddies." She chuckles.
"Get a hint."

Alicia: "Pathetic."
Trixie: "How many more times? Hush yourself."
Y/N: "Alicia, you're just a rebound. Do you not see it?"
Adrian: "Jealousy at its finest, hey?"
Trixie: "What has gotten into you, Pucey? One minute you're all over Y/N, now what?"

Snapping out of the conversation, I notice a little Max tugging my sleeve behind me.
"Amused, Max?" I raise an eyebrow, shaking my head profusely. Whilst speaking, a little Hermione peers up at me. Her usually wavy and bushy hair is pinned back into a half up half down bun, swishing down below her shoulders.

"Hello." She clears her throat.
"Hi, Hermione. Having a good night?" I ask in an attempt to create conversation.
"Great, thank you." She politely answers back.

Later on:
As the night begins to wrap up as quickly as the wedding did, Oliver and I dance multiple times but this one is meaningful. My favourite slow song comes on.

Dancing away with him, the hanging low chandeliers reflect light into Oliver's eyes. They glisten and glisten, a warm feeling hidden in the depths of the luminous doe brown inside. The heat of them distract me, welcoming me in. I sense a smile inside of them. The deer like eyes innocently peer up at me.

Not bothering to fight the urge back anymore, we collide into a short kiss before rudely and awkwardly being interrupted.

"Ahem..." Nadine splutters. Oh of course.
"Yes?" Oliver sweetly yet horribly answers.
"Well, look who it is. Yet again." A disgruntled Bellatrix ludicrously giggles.

What?! How has she been allowed here?!