15

-Rose-Present-

"'Cause baby now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love."
-Bad Blood By Taylor Swift

Some days I look in the mirror and I have the sudden urge just to cut off all my hair. I love my hair- the colour and the length is perfect. But at the same time I hate it. Pouting, I brush my hair through one last time before finally looking away from my reflection in the mirror.

It isn't like I'm going anywhere but I still care about my appearance when walking around the house. I have no idea who is going to suddenly turn up at my door. Grabbing my phone, I wander out my room and down the stairs at the same time as scrolling mindlessly through Instagram and Snapchat.

I cringe at a photo on Sarah's story with her body sprawled across Will's lap. So what if you're the flavour of the month? I know Will and I know he will move on soon if he hasn't already. At the party the other day he seemed more than eager to make out with me. However, he has always been eager to make out with me as I have him.

"Morning, Miss Rose. What would you like for breakfast?" Marissa asks flatly but her eyes are focused on the pan of bacon in front of her. She flips over a piece and then leaves it to cook. My eyes flicker to Cooper who seems too busy stuffing his face with a Bacon Sandwich to bother looking up at me.

I scoot into the seat beside him but apart from a slight nod, he still doesn't acknowledge me. Marissa turns around in frustration, raising her eyebrows and I realise that I still haven't answered. It is only now that my mouth waters at the sight of food that I realise I haven't eaten anything other than a granola bar and a few mouthfuls of yesterdays dinner in the past twenty four hours.

"I'll just have a banana, thanks." I say simply and my focus goes back to my phone. I hear Marissa sigh but she doesn't bother lecturing me on my choice of food and instead hands me the fruit. Especially with summer coming, I have to be extremely careful with what I eat.

It isn't even as if I'm suffering anymore because I've gotten so used to barely eating. My mother had taught me to be this way and I know it isn't good considering I can't remember the last time I had a full cooked meal. But it isn't like I don't eat at all.

I'm also still a good weight considering I was born with curves but my diet isn't the healthiest. Marissa makes cooked food for me but she doesn't realise that I have a few mouthfuls before chucking it. It is what I've grown up being taught.

"What do you know about my mother?" I ask bluntly and Marissa stops cooking. I peel my banana but my stare is locked on to Marissa's blank expression.

"I know a lot about your mother. I have been working here for nineteen years so of course I know her. What I want to know is why you are asking?" She asks curiously and her nose is turned up at the thought of my mother. I look back down at my banana, trying to find a good excuse. Even Cooper is now staring at me with a frown.

"I'm just curious. Do you know if she ever wanted to come back?" I drop my banana completely so that I can put all my concentration on Marissa. Marissa's lips are pressed together and she seems to be debating on what her response will be.

"I know nothing about your mother's business, Miss Rose." I scoff at this as we both know Marissa knows more about everyone in this house then anyone. She is just so secretive and locked lipped all the time.

"Marissa, you have to tell me something. All this time you and my father have barely mentioned her and now I want answers." I say in defiance, a stubborn frown on my features. Marissa sighs heavily before turning away to attend to the bacon.