51

-Rose-Present-

"Secrets I have held in my heart
Are harder to hide than I thought
Maybe I just wanna be yours."
- I wanna be yours by Artic Monkeys

Will drives us out to the clearing. It has somehow become our place. The night sky is clear, especially this far away from town, so the stars are twinkling above. My window is open, blowing my now loose hair from my face.

Escaping cotillion was one of the best ideas ever. I love cotillion but our parents were getting so irritating that it was driving me insane. Especially my mother. She just turns up as if nothing ever happened and I noticed the way Father glared at her the entire night.

But now I'm out of town with Will, away from everyone apart from him. He turns off the engine and we both step out. Will waits, holding out his hand and I smile at the gesture before gratefully taking his hand.

"I can't believe no one ever comes here." I remark, leading him to the spot in the centre of the empty field. I smile again at the sight of him carrying a blanket that he must have been storing in the back of his car, as if he was prepared for this.

"Every time we are here, it is nighttime." He shrugs, flattening the blanket. I sit down and he sits beside me and then we lie so that we are facing the stars. Honestly, I'm glad that my dress won't be ruined. "It might be busier in the day."

"I doubt it. This place is in the middle of no where." I say honestly, glancing around but the only thing I can see are trees and grass. Tilting my head to face Will, I admire how handsome he is in a suit. "What's your worst fear?"

"Why do you want to know my worst fear?" Will inquires, raising an eyebrow. I flip over so that I'm half lying on top of him, placing my hand on his chest. I trace circles across his arm and he reaches out to play with my golden hair.

"I know that your favourite food is a beef burger, stacked with bacon and cheese. I know that your favourite drink is whiskey, of course, although I find it disgusting." I pull a face, making him smirk.

"Says the person that drinks martinis like water." He mumbles in disapproval and I laugh, throwing my head back.

"Shut up." I say. "I know that you hate films and ducks and small talk, but I have no idea what your worst fear is."

He frowns, gazing up at the stars for a moment. Although it is mostly dark, his pale blue eyes shine in the moonlight. He looks so peaceful right now and warmth spreads throughout my chest.

"Maybe I don't have a fear." He suggests, shrugging as if it isn't a big deal but I frown.

"Everybody is afraid of something, Cole." I whisper and he looks away again. He looks so troubled that I almost change the subject but after a few moments, he finally answers.

"My worst fear...is losing the people I love." He says quietly. I stroke a strand of dark hair from his eyes and smile softly. The thing about Will is that he may act like he doesn't care about anyone or anything but I think he secretly cares about people more than anyone I've ever met. "What about you?"

"Death." I answer immediately. "I know it is cliche and majority of the population is afraid of dying but it terrifies me. I don't believe in god or heaven or life after this one, I don't know what to believe and the unknown terrifies me."