36

-Rose-Present

"Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace."
-Halo by Beyoncé

Sleeping has been a harder task than it should be lately. I just never seem to be able to get off to sleep properly. The moment I see sunlight, I keep my eyes shut and will myself to go back to sleep. I almost do it until my bedroom door swings open and someone jumps on top of my bed.

I groan from the impact. Opening my eyes, I find Cooper and his long legs sprawled across me. His elbow is in my face, his legs are over me and his head is hanging over the bed. I scowl at him angrily.

"What the fuck, Cooper?" I snap and he sits up, putting more pressure on my legs and I groan in pain.

"Get up, get dressed." He orders, stands up and pulls the covers off of me. A chill rushes over my body, making me squeal.

"I'm busy sleeping." I complain, trying to steal the covers back from him but he doesn't give up. He is dressed so smart that I momentarily pause before pulling on my covers again but he is too strong.

"Hilarious." He mumbles. I put my head back in my pillow, praying to whatever god is listening to let me have a couple more hours of sleep. Clearly, they don't listen. Cooper grabs my foot and pulls me off the bed, making me smack my head against the floor. "Get up. You, me, Brooke, shopping. Right now."

"As much as I love a good shop, why are we going?" I ask casually, trying to escape his grasp and stand up again. I'm too awake to go back to sleep now anyway.

"Because we are rich and have too much money in our bank accounts, thanks to our dear parents." I laugh because it is true.  "Now up, up, up."

I somehow manage to wake up, with a lot of help from coffee, before going into my closet to change. It takes a long time to pick the perfect outfit and Cooper constantly whines about it. I end up wearing a simple denim skirt, a white top and some fancy jewellery.

He doesn't even let me say good morning to everyone, although I probably wouldn't have anyway. He drags me into his car and he drives to Brooke's house. At least he had called her before turning up. She comes shuffling out of her house, red hair thrown into a ponytail and an unhappy scowl on her face.

Cooper trails behind her, looking like a sulking child that has just been told off. I'm sure that is Brooke's doing.

"Did he wake you up too?" I ask as she climbs into the back of the car and Cooper sits beside me. She huffs in response.

"Of course he did." She growls angrily but Cooper looks unbothered by her hostility towards him. "So, what have we done to earn waking up so early on a Saturday?"

"We haven't gone shopping in a long time and I feel like we've earnt it. Your mum came back and your naked pictures were spread all over the internet" Cooper replies innocently. I guess he is right. After a few minutes of silence, I pull into the nearest Starbucks and grab us all a coffee. That calms Brooke and I down and we are back to being our normal, awake selves.

"Turn it up." Brooke tells Cooper so he turns up the music. We hum along to his playlist, that is mostly filled with Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and Lana Del Rey songs. Brooke complains because she is more of a classical and country type girl. I have the weirdest taste in music considering I like everything so I don't mind.