39

-Rose-Present-

"Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I, I I look at you."
-When I look at you by Miley Cyrus

When I first awaken in Will's arms, I'm confused and dazed. And sweating from heat. My eyes flicker open slowly, resisting against the sunlight pouring through the gap in the curtains. I look around at all of Will's things and then I turn my body to face him.

His eyes are still shut. I don't move. I don't leave. I just stay here, watching him. This is all too much. This isn't what was supposed to happen. We weren't supposed to fall asleep in each other's arms and wake up the next morning the same way. But I no longer care what was supposed to happen.

He looks so boyish and beautiful in slumber. The sunlight causes his dark hair to look slightly lighter. His lips look so soft and so welcoming. I feel the urge to touch him but I don't.

I keep my hands to myself and simply lie beside him. Our faces are inches apart. Our limbs are still tangled together from when we had slept and I'm afraid to pull away. Minutes tick by but I think I could happily watch him forever.

"Why are you staring at me as I sleep?" His voice comes out croaky and husky from sleep, startling me. His one eye opens and he smiles at me lazily as I snap my eyes shut again.

"I'm not!" I exclaim but I know he has already caught me. I'm so fucking embarrassed. "I was asleep myself."

"You better watch yourself now Rosebud, because this is the last time you are going to be in my bed fully clothed." He whispers seductively, making my eyes snap back open.

He looks at me. My heart clenches. His hair is a mess, and in the bright morning sun he looks so handsome and so young, more so than I've ever seen him.

"Oh really, is that a threat?" I tease, a small smile playing on my lips. In a smooth motion, his arms wrap around my body and pulls me closer to him. I rest my hands against his chest as my body slides over his so that I'm lying on top of him, staring down at his tired face.

"Mhm." He mumbles, his eyes fluttering shut every now and then. A lazy smile remains on his face. I glide a finger down his jaw line, up and down, up and down.

"It's not going to happen, Cole." I whisper softly, stroking the edges of his hair. He tightens his hold around me and leans ups to kiss my shoulder. I'm suddenly very aware that I haven't brushed my teeth and neither has he.

"Yes it will, I already know it. I've always known it." He teases me but there is some sincerity behind his words. I raise my eyebrow. "You were saving yourself for me."

"What the fuck gave you that idea?" I throw my head back to laugh, trying to move off of him but his hold on me is too strong. I only end up right back on his chest with my hair cascading around us.

"I just know." He tells me, his tired eyes looking up at me. Then I panic. I realise that I have no makeup on, I have bed hair, I haven't brushed my teeth and I'm half naked. Although it is just Will, the guy I've known for years, I still panic.

I scramble off him but he pulls on my arm, pulling me back down on the bed beside him. We are positioned so that I'm facing towards him and I cover my face with my hands. I'm supposed to be the girl that is always put together but I'm definitely not put together right now.