7

-Rose- Present-

"You and me could write a bad romance."
-Bad Romance By Lady Gaga

The pool is cool and feels amazing against my bare skin. My hair is now wet and hangs in tangles down my shoulders but I'm thankful that my makeup is water proof. I knew I shouldn't have come tonight. From the moment I had walked in and had seen Sarah sprawled across Will's lap made me feel the familiar stab of jealously.

I wish I didn't feel it but I do. Maybe it isn't jealously and it is just hatred as I look at his smug face. Leaning against the edge of the pool, I peek a look over at where he sits on the chair. He looks so attractive that it hurts.

He blows out some smoke from his cigarette and stares at me intensely. His hair is dark and damp and he is only wearing a pair of swim shorts that hang low on his waist. I was in shock when I had first seen him a week ago because I realised he had gotten so much fitter. But now with his shirt off, I can properly see how much more defined and sharp his body is.

"Stop drooling over him." Brooke snaps, making me look back at her deadpanned expression. Her green eyes are glowing from the underwater lights and I'm reminded of when I had first met her. I had thought she was a mermaid because she was always in the water, surfing or swimming and with her red hair and bright eyes, it didn't make me any less doubtful about it.

"I'm not! I'm just gazing around the party." I claim, splashing her with water but she only splashes back harder.

"Oh please. Don't pretend you haven't been eye fucking him ever since he got back." She remarks confidently and I roll my eyes at her crude comment. Brooke is my best friend purely because she is so straight forward and bold.

"Now you know how I feel." I mumble as I gesture towards Ben but it is her turn to roll her eyes. "Oh Ben! You're so funny Ben. Don't touch my food Ben." I tease in a high pitch voice, mimicking her seductive tone as I slide my hands over her face.

"Fuck you!" She snaps teasingly, pushing me off her and splashes me with more water. I squeal in laughter and splash even harder back, causing us both to giggle. "And I do not sound like that. Plus, I have a boyfriend!"

"Billy is a complete douche and you know it. You even admitted to me that you are planning to break up with him." Cooper comments from the side of the pool and I smile widely in victory. He leans back against one arm, his chest bare and he is completely oblivious to the stares he is getting from a group of girls on the other side of the yard.

"Both of you are assholes." Brooke states, making Cooper and I shrug. We may be assholes but we are also honest. I'm just glad that I've managed to deflect the attention from me to her.

"Hey Rose." Daniel says casually from behind me and I turn around to look up at him. He stands on the edge with a small smile and offers me his hand to pull me up. He is hot, which is why I've fooled around with him a couple times but it has never been anything more.

His blond hair and brown eyes make all girls swoon. Not as much as they would with Will but enough to make them beg at his feet. He looks like a Calvin Klein model, which is funny, considering his last name is Klein.

I ignore his hand and lift myself up, using the ledge for support and stand beside him. He looks down, trying to hide his smirk at how I chose to ignore him offering me his hand. I didn't need his help to get out of a pool.

"Want to head in for a drink?" Daniel suggests innocently but I know he doesn't just want a drink. He wants to make out with me and try to make me go further but I always decline. I look back at Brooke and Cooper who are barely trying to hide their laughs but I ignore them.