31

-Will- Present-

"I know you want me
But I've come close enough for now
Oh God, you haunt me."
-Weight by Crybaby

Knocking on to Ben's door, I finish off my cigarette and throw it onto the garden. I rarely come into Ben's house due to the rivalry between my father and his. It is smaller than mine but more expensive on the inside.

Barnaby Green didn't spare any expense when he designed the inside of this house. He is the architect in the business he has with my father, Rose's and Brooke's. Everything is designed to perfection.

Ben opens the door, still in his joggers and bed hair. He doesn't say anything, just widens the door and turns back into the house.

"Good morning to you too, sunshine." I grumble, although I don't feel so happy myself. The kiss with Rose has been playing in my mind on repeat since it happened. It wasn't a pathetic one like our first kiss, it was a full on heated kiss. A fucking incredible kiss that never should have happened.

Ben groans in response and he walks back upstairs to get ready for school. I find the kitchen and sit on one of the barstools as I wait for him. I place my blazer on the chair beside me. The uniform I'm wearing looks good but it is uncomfortable as fuck. I'd much rather go to a public school so I can wear trainers and joggers.

The kitchen is the best part of the house. White marble surfaces, real diamond glasses and a massive cabinet of liquor of all kinds. I'm tempted to go over and steal one of his expensive whiskeys but I've already got my own. I take a swig although I shouldn't because I've already had more than a few sips this morning and I don't want to go to school drunk again.

"Will, I didn't know you were here." Barnaby comes around the corner and stands on the opposite side of the island. He flattens his hands on the island and looks at me with this strange look. He is always so weird around me.

"I'm taking Ben to school." I grumble in response. He nods slowly and studies my face.

"Are you drunk?" He asks blankly and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Not yet, why? Do I look drunk?" I ask, hoping that it isn't obvious that I'm on the verge of it. The last time a teacher thought I was drunk was three weeks ago, she told my father and he lectured me for hours. He tried to hit me, so I tried to hit him. He stopped and I left the house.

"No but it seems that every time I see you, you are." He mumbles and I frown in frustration.

"Why the fuck should you care?" I angrily say but he only blinks at me.

"How is school?" He changes the subject. Barnaby isn't the type to make small talk and he isn't the type to give a shit who Ben hangs out with. If Cooper comes in, he barely glances at him. But with me, he is suddenly interested.

"It's fine." I reply bluntly and he nods again. Why the fuck does he keep nodding? I'm thankful when Ben strolls into the kitchen, past his father and makes a cup of coffee.

"Ben, you need to stop getting detentions all the the time otherwise they're going to make me come into your school again." Barnaby tells him sternly. Ben mumbles in agreement but I know he isn't listening. He turns back to me. "I haven't seen you properly since you got back. How was boarding school?"