59

-Rose-Present-

"Yeah, we're all wonderful, wonderful people
So when did we all get so fearful?"
-Read All About It by Emeli Sande

When I was six, I met a boy for the first time. Nothing was special about that first time. I found him the most beautiful boy I had ever seen but still, nothing special. The little boy ran away from me. His name was William Cole.

When I was seven, I fell over in the playground. Will had been ignoring me since we met but when I fell, he helped me back up and put a plaster on my knee. He knew I didn't want my mother to see because I was afraid of getting told off.

Later that year, I met three other kids our age. A girl with the brightest red hair that I believed to be a mermaid. A boy with shy eyes and a friendly smile. Another boy with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

When I was eight, my mother had shouted at me before taking me to a party at Will's house. I explored upstairs, admired his collection of snow globes and Will found me. He shouted, I cried and I left the party with a snow globe.

When I was nine and ten, Will was my biggest tormenter and my biggest enemy.

When I was eleven, my mother left and Will held me as I cried. It was the first time that I realised that the evil boy I hate has a heart.

When I was twelve, Will went back to ignoring my existence. Will kissed a girl in front of me and I cried myself to sleep for a reason that I didn't comprehend.

When I was thirteen, our friend's and I went up to our haunted house. The police found us, we ran away and Will kissed me for the first time. I felt like my heart exploded.

Later that year, Cooper's parents died and he became the brother that I adored.

When I was fourteen, Will came into my room in the middle of the night with bruises and cuts covering his body. I healed him, I kissed him and I slept beside a boy for the first time. It was the first time that I realised how much I cared about this evil boy.

When I was fifteen, I met a boy named George Johnson. He was cute, he was interesting and I needed a distraction from the attraction I felt towards the boy I hated.

When I was sixteen, I was drugged by George Johnson. I was taken upstairs, almost raped and I couldn't remember any of it. Will saved me. He killed him and left for boarding school, leaving me heartbroken because I had no idea.

When I was seventeen, I tried everything to move on. I focused on being young. I focused on my mother's saying, "The rich, young and beautiful get everything they want, I don't make the rules it is just a fact." Nothing could take away the agony I felt as I missed William Cole so fucking much.

When I was eighteen, Will returned and turned my world upside down. We kissed, we smiled, we laughed, we played with each other's feelings, we shouted, we fought, we argued, we kissed again. I lost my virginity. I realised that I had been in love with the boy that I met all those years ago.

When I was eighteen, I lived the best year of my life. When I was eighteen, I laughed and joked with my friends. When I was eighteen, Will, Brooke, Cooper, Ben and I enjoyed being young and privileged. We lived a selfish life without consequences.

When I was eighteen, Mother returned and my life went to shit. When I was eighteen, Will found out his father isn't his real father. When we were eighteen, Will was an alcoholic and I was starving myself.

When I was eighteen, the boy I love and I got into a car crash because Will was upset and drunk. When I was eighteen, I died.