29

-Rose-Present-

"And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.
For me it happens all the time."
-Need You Now by Lady A

Nothing is better than lying on top of your bed after being away. I've had a shower, Marissa unpacked for me and now I'm relaxing as if I haven't done enough of it these past few days.

Will and I haven't spoken again. It is an unsaid agreement that whatever happens between us, stays between us. In fact, we both pretend like nothing ever happens. But I can't stop thinking about it. The feeling of his skin on mine. The feeling of his lips against my lips.

I close my eyes and sigh heavily, shutting the thought of him from my mind. I've resisted from the thought of him before so I can do it again. Opening one eye, I glance at my clock to see it is nearly seven already.

"Caspian is incredible." Cooper sings as he comes into my room uninvited and hops onto my bed. I raise my eyebrow at him. He just makes himself at home on my bed without even saying anything. His floppy brown hair is a disheveled mess.

"Hello to you too, Coop." I say sarcastically and sit up against my head board. "Please come in and pester me about your love life like you've done for the past few hours."

"Any time, Rosie." Cooper grins and I roll my eyes at the nickname. He sits up and turns to me with eager eyes. "You don't understand. His eyes are so fucking blue, his hair is so blond, his body is so good and his dick is..."

"Don't finish that sentence! I won't be able to look at him the same way." I cringe and Cooper laughs. I can't remember the last time I saw him so happy. He is practically glowing.

"He's taking me on a date tomorrow, which is terrible." He exclaims and I frown, confused. He has been nonstop talking about how he wanted Caspian to take him on a date and now he is telling me it is terrible. "I'm just going to say the wrong thing and fuck everything up."

"No, you won't." I say. "But if you need me, I can ring you and say I accidentally broke my leg. Or there's a family emergency."

"You're the best." Cooper says happily. He rests his head against my shoulder but I shove him off again. He's never heard of personal space. I stand up and walk over to my dressing table to brush my hair. Cooper trails after me like a lost puppy.

Marissa comes into the room, a distressed frown on her face. She silently takes the brush from my hand and begins brushing my hair softly. Cooper and I lock eyes and I raise an eyebrow in question.

"Your father and step mother are staying here longer than planned." Marissa tells us, her tone blank but her frown is still embedded in her forehead. I look down at my lap and groan. I do not fancy waking up every morning to those two being so happy and in love.

"For how long?" Cooper asks.

"However long he wants." Marissa replies. I fixate on the snow globe at the edge of my dressing table and admire the exquisite artwork. The oak wood bottom, the beautiful patterned glass and the snow covering London. I wish I was there right now.

"I can't believe he is actually considering staying longer than two weeks. His new wife must have him wrapped around his little finger." I snort unattractively.