24

-Rose-Present-

"There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark."
-Scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara

Brooke picks herself up off the floor and trails inside the school. I stay by her side, prepared to snap at anyone that looks her way funny. She lifts up her chin and hardens her features. People stare as we walk past, even more than usual but we ignore them.

The principal sent for us to come so we head to his office. Someone snickers beside us, mutters a crude comment and I glare at them harshly so that they look away. Brooke is brave though as she keeps her head up.

We turn the corner to the waiting room of the principals office and I raise my eyebrows at the boys lounging in the chair. Ben and Will sit on one side, both with murderous glares aimed at Billy. Ben has cuts all over his hands and an ice pack pressed on them. Will has a couple too but not nearly as much as Ben. Ben has ice but Will doesn't. They clearly had fun releasing their anger.

I smirk at Billy where he is sat on the opposite side beside his friend and the nurse. His face is covered in bruises and cuts, blood dripping down his face. He can't seem to open one eye and the nurse is continuing pressing ice against his wound. He looks miserable and I'm glad.

"I guess you got what you deserved after all." Brooke speaks harshly, making all of the boys look up at us. Ben stands and searches her face for any sign of emotion but Brooke remains angry. Will glances at Brooke then me with a curious gaze. "Are you guys okay?"

"We're fine. Billy not so much." Ben speaks wickedly. Brooke frowns and glances down at his hands but before she can speak, Cooper comes around the corner and throws himself at Brooke.

"How are you? Are you okay?" Cooper asks hurriedly but he doesn't let Brooke speak before he turns around to glare at Billy. "You should be glad that that nurse is here, you little fucker."

"She was being a bitch." Billy mumbles but the nurse shakes her head at him. I walk over to stand in between Ben and Will, reach for an ice pack from the Nurse's first aid and place it on Will's hands. He looks up at me in surprise but I silently turn away again and act as if I don't care.

"You can all come in now." The Principal tells us, a scowl on his face. He hates his job, I can tell. Especially when someone has a fight. We all stumble after him but only Brooke and Billy take their seats. I stand at the back of the room with Cooper and Will but Ben stands beside Brooke as if he is worried that Billy will try something.

The principal goes on and on, questioning each of us about what happened. He informs us that he has taken the photo down and warns that if he thinks anyone has taken a screenshot, then they will be punished. I doubt he is able to find that out.

Billy is suspended but has no further legal action. This causes an outrage in the room as we all scream at the principal but he silents us. I know exactly why the Principal isn't taking legal action. It's because Billy's father pays too much into the school to be punished. However, I know full well that Brooke's parents will sue him for everything he has.

Will and Ben are suspended too for fighting but coincidentally, they will be back in time for the football game. This fucking principal is shit. Billy deserves to be expelled for this but he was just given a warning and a suspension. The Principal sends us out, telling us that he will have a meeting with their parents in an hour before we leave.