CHAPTER 48

Alexis

"Hunter you don't get it, if I do one more sit up, I will develop scoliosis," I say, as I do another sit up.

His grip on my feet doesn't falter as he says, "Alex, that is not how you develop scoliosis."

"How would you know?" I am out of breath and I can feel sweat dripping down my butt crack, "You're not the one doing this."

"I do three times the amount you're doing now. Stop slacking."

"Oh hunter why do you workout so much? To hunt?" I give him a breathy but my cheeriest smile.

He rubs two fingers over his forehead, "Why are you so lame Lex? It gives me genuine headache to hear you speak."

"Does that mean I can go? I will keep on talking if you don't let me go," I lie down smack on my back. My chest rising and falling rapidly.

"Fine. Rest for ten minutes."

I give him a thumbs up because I am pretty sure if I say anything, I will pass out. Hunter and I are at the gym, getting me in shape, and this task is more difficult than I thought considering every night my lower body feels like I had a sex marathon for twelve hours straight. Fuck, a sex marathon for twelve hours straight would hurt less than this.

And the cherry on top is the diet. Apparently pizza doesn't count as a healthy diet which is absolute bullshit because it's just chicken on bread and chicken is protein. Isn't protein diet all the hype?

"Hunter, can we end this today?" I get up wobbly and go for my water bottle.

"A week ago you came to me, slamming my on my door to get you back in shape and now you're slacking," He shakes his head at me judgingly and I flip him off.

"I didn't know you were going to make sure I get back pains permanently and ruin my walking ability forever, now did i?"

"You're so dramatic, should've joined the drama club."

"I would've but they refused to let me play Lady Macbeth and that is the biggest insult ever."

He bites his lips, comically mulling over it for a second, "Yeah you're bitchy enough to play it."

I tsked, "She's not bitchy you dumbass, she's art, she's a mastermind, she's," I wave my hand in an arc for the effects, "perfection."

"Well, now we know who runs all the Lady Macbeth Instagram fan accounts."

I purposely choose to ignore him, like any smart maiden would. It's not like he speaks anything useful anyway.

"So what's your first class tomorrow?"

You'd think I would drink three gallons of water after the herculean workout Hunter made me do but I am actually struggling to take even one sip without feeling like I can't breath. Maybe my lungs are failing, are my lungs failing?

"Hmm, it's probably either of my English class, I don't remember, you?"

"Psych." I stop drinking.

"Lex, have you talked to him?" His voice softens and I dare not look at him, because I know what I'll see.

For the last two weeks, Hunter and Ellie have been treating me like I am a ticking time bomb. One word and I will burst. Well, it's not like you can blame them; all I have been doing these past two weeks was cry, eat cake or binge watch Reign. I can't cry because it reminds me of him, I can't watch Reign because it reminds me of that one day he brought me ice cream because I was fangirling too hard.

The only thing I could and did do was eat cake, which is why I am here, feeling like my lungs burst apart. And it's not even stopping the tears so what's the use of it.

"No," I mutter.

"You should tell him Lex."

"And what good will it do?" I snap, "He'll go tell his dad and it'll escalate everything."

Flashback to two weeks ago when I came home crying to Ellie and Hunter discussing their assignment, and I blurted out everything. I don't remember much about that night except that I blocked my Dad's number, knew that my heart was made of glass when I hung up on Aaron, crashing down on the floor and everything goes dark after that. I woke up about sixteen hours later with a pounding headache and heartache that didn't let me get out of bed.

Aaron passes me in the hallways and his eyes break my heart again and again and all over again. I have never seen a colder green, or a darker or a more hurt. It's so apparent in his eyes. He hates me and I have hurt him. Terribly. And there's nothing I can do about it.

But that's not even the worst part. The worst part is he doesn't believe me. He saw through my lie in a second. He knows there is a reason behind whatever I did, he knows my hands are tied and I guess that's what the hurt is about; he thinks I can't trust him enough to tell him the truth.

"Lex he deserves to know."

"He'll be helpless! Don't you get it Aaron? I can't tell him until I find a way out for both of us out of it."

"You wont get solutions until you include him too."

"I've hurt him enough."

"Then undo it."

"It's not that easy!" I shriek, tears burning my eyes, "Do you think I like doing this to him? Logan wont even look me in the eye he's so mad at me. Can you imagine what's going on with Aaron?"

"Well, I can tell you he's a mess. He's a ghost during practise and brutal. Very, very brutal."

Alarm bells ring in my mind, "What do you mean?"

"He has been...harsher since you dumped him. It's like he couldn't care whom he hurts anymore. He's not the fun, sunshine Aaron anymore."

"Hunter, stop beating around the bush."

"Well, Lex. You'll see on Monday, and...um I am not sure if you'll like him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooooo! I am back on wattpad for good and I am not leaving anytime soon. I promise. So tell me the spiciest gossip you have about your life right now, it stays between us.

Please don't forget to vote, share and comment.