2: PUCK BUNNIES AND HORRIFYING TIMES THREE

Alexis

The waitress is a petite brunette with curly hair tied up in a knot, and she is wearing a dark skinny jeans and a low cut top, which is the uniform for the waitresses here, except her top seems a bit too low cut

Aaron releases a sigh of relief, clearly overjoyed at delaying the matter at hand, "What do you suggest," he squints at the name tag, "Emily?"

"You" she mutters under her breath.

"I am sorry I didn't hear that." Aaron absolutely did hear that because he flashes her one of his signature grins which is so charming and bright, it can make a seventy year old grumpy grandpa fall in love with him. So when Emily turns a deep shade of red, it's hardly a surprise.

"Uh, I was saying the chicken sandwiches here are pretty good."

A brilliant idea pops in my head and before I can decide if it's too evil and change my mind, I speak out, "Try the chicken salad here. It's amazing."

Aaron passes me a confused smile, as if he can't believe I might actually suggest something good to him. He is really an idiot if he doesn't suspect that I am up  to something.

"I will have the chicken salad then. Thank you Emily." He says, all the while looking at me, with a small smile playing on his lips.

I bite my lips to stop the smirk that is threatening to spill and ruin the most magical moment of my life that is about to happen.

Emily saunters away with a characteristic sway of her ass, which is unmistakably and undeniably for The Aaron Richards, gracing the spot in front of me. I roll my eyes when I see Aaron noticing it too.

"So what do you need help with, Aaron?"

I inwardly curse Ellie for reminding him and outwardly groan for reminding them all, that no matter what, I will not be on board with it.

"You know what? If you are so disgusted by me I will leave. I knew it was a terrible idea the second I thought about it." Aaron makes a show of moving out of his booth and I cave.

"Fine. I'll listen." I grunt. Maybe I have been harsher on him than was necessary.

Aaron flashes me his signature smile and I melt a little. Something has to be done about that smile, or I will change the particular wiring of my brain that makes me react like this.

"Okay you have to promise me not to laugh or gloat about it."

"You are asking a lot from me Richie Rich." I say in a serious tone.

"You definitely are. I agree." Ellie chimes.

"Bold of you two call me Richie Rich when you're sitting there draped in designer clothes," Aaron pointedly asks me.

"I am not wearing designer, this top is thrifted from a shop run by a grandma not all of us are pretentious assholes like you," I grit out. I swear to God Aaron brings out all the sins of Satan in me.

Logan turns in his seat so he's facing us completely, "Hoo boy, this is going to be more interesting than a soap opera."

"Why don't we order popcorns too, eh?"

Aaron clears his throat and begins, "Alright blondie listen, a few days back, I went to a Sunday brunch at my cousin's with my whole family. Something happened with dad and I was pissed."

"What happened?"

"Not important."

I can see the veins in his neck bulging out and the sheen of sweat on his forehead and even though, it's hot, the perspiration beads are not from the heat, it is because of his story.