CHAPTER 29

Aaron

"Guys c'mon, let's keep it a bit PG here." Lexie is standing beside me and doing a hundred different things to a hundred different places in my body, looking like that.

"We did way more PG than that," I chuckle and Lexie flips me off.

In front of us, Logan and Ellie are sweetly kissing goodbye, under the starry night and the judgey eye of the Berlin house Security guard. Alexis has the patience of a grasshopper and Lellie (That is mine and Will's ship name for Logan and Ellie) is cutting it close with her.

"Ellie," Lexie drawls and stomps her feet irritated, "I want a nap, not a fifty shades Re-enactment."

I snort, "Did I tire you that much?"

"Hold your horses, handsome. It was just a long day."

"Oh it sure was, wasn't it?" I ask teasingly.

My mind is a broken record, an addict, yearning and craving for the one moment stuck in my head. I was wrong, terribly wrong. I thought I'd be satiated after kissing her once, it would be done and no going back and I'd lose interest. The opposite happened; I want her more and more and I don't want just kisses anymore.

"You, aren't even that good." She smirks.

"Oh yeah? Is that why you were trembling under me with just a kiss?"

She glares at me, her lips pursed in a fine line. But it's hard to look mad when your hair is a very tempting, tangled mess caused by the person you are glaring at.

I lean in and whisper in her hair, "Thought so."

"Ellie," Lexie throws her head back ad whines.

"Shut up, brat!" Logan snaps at her and continues going all Leo DiCaprio on a laughing Ellie.

"Best friend privileges should trump boyfriend privileges but clearly that's not happening," Lexie mutters under her breath.

"Is that so?" I ask.

"Yes sir, your boyfriend would not do crazy shit with you, but your best friend would."

"Clearly you've never had good boyfriends."

She smiles teasingly, "Oh you'd know what that is, wouldn't you?"

"Yes, I would, allow me to show you."

She bursts out laughing and the sound tugs at my heartstrings, "No thank you."

"No, I am serious," I insist, "Let me take you on a date."

The kiss is doing weird things in my head and it's too late to backpedal now, but I don't really want to. This is freaking me out; I never take girls out, I don't date. Hockey and classes need my full attention and I can't spare time to go all roses and rainbows over some chick. I need to maintain my grades and scores so Dad can get off my dick.

Lexie laughs awkwardly, "Wait, are you serious?"

"Yes. One date."

"No."

That is not really a surprise, "Why?"

"Because," she looks up at me and there's a mischievous glint in her eyes, "Why should I?"

"What?" I ask, startled.

"Yes, Aaron," She stresses on my name and goosebumps erupt down my spine from her low voice, "Why should I?"

She doesn't give me a moment to respond; she simply turns around and walks towards the stairs, yelling, "Ellie, I'm going up!"

I act before I can think and make a mad dash towards her. I might not know what to say but I do know what to do. I grab her waist and turn her around; her eyes are wide saucers and she opens her mouth to protest but I cut her off.

I hear Logan and Ellie's shocked gasps behind us but I don't care. For a moment, Lexie doesn't kiss me back and it cracks my heart in two, but then a few seconds pass and she wraps her arms around my neck. I kiss her as we kissed at the top of the Ferris wheel. There is no desperation seeping through every pore; it's sweet and gentle.

It isn't hard passion and clumsy hands hanging on to each other for dear life. It's a prayer, a chant. I take in her tropical perfume and the lavender of her hair which is so distinctly Lexie that my heart beats out of my chest.

I am the first one to break apart, "Because," I tuck a stray blonde strand behind her ear, "It will be the most magical night of your life. I promise."

I walk backwards towards the car, keeping my eyes on her. There's a small smile playing on her face her eyes are glazed over, cheeks flushed red.

Ellie walks over to her and grabs her hand the same moment I am yanked behind by the collar of my shirt.

"Should've known that is where you got the pink smudges on your mouth from in the car," Logan sounds pissed.

He opens the car door and throws me in the passenger seat and I barely miss hitting my head on the car door, "Watch out, I don't want to burst apart like a watermelon."

"Oh no," he slams his side door and turns on the ignition, "Before, that you'll get your heart stomped over like an orange."

"What do you mean?"

Logan sighs heavily, "I love Alex. She's the coolest, chilliest person I have ever seen. Nothing affects her, she's like a little sister to me. But she's also ruthless with others' hearts."

"Lo, man, I appreciate it. But we aren't getting married tomorrow. It was just a harmless kiss," I brush apart his comments but each word is ringing in my ear.

"I know harmless when I see one. I've seen you go through one night stands like it meant nothing to both of you, like tissue papers, whatever that was," He waves pointedly with his hand, "That was definitely not harmless kissing."

"Stop making this a big deal," I snap.

"I specifically told you not to get in her pants."

"Technically, I didn't get in her pants. We just kissed," I point out.

"Oh by the looks of that, it won't be long."

I don't respond to his sentence. I know Lexie and she would never intentionally do anything to hurt anyone. Logan is wrong, he doesn't know her like I do. And it's not like I am confessing my dying love for her outside her window in a cyclonic storm with wilted flowers in my hand. I just asked her on a date. People go on dates often, it's not that big of a deal. It doesn't mean anything.

I don't fall in love so easily, I am not sixteen anymore and if I do-

No point in thinking about it from before. We'll cross the bridge when we come to it.

Logan is silent for a while before he speaks up again, "Are you serious about her?"

"What?"

"Alexis. Do you like her a lot?"

"I asked her out," I don't know if she will say yes and there's no point telling Logan that.

"Just- Just be careful. She's going to break your heart."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My writer's block is coming back so don't expect good chapters for a while now lmao.