CHAPTER 20

Alexis

One episode turned to two, two episodes turned to three, and now we're here, nine episodes deep in Reign, after making plans to murder Conde. Aaron is sitting beside me on the couch, his face in his hands, and his elbows resting on his knees. His gaze is glued to the skin and his eyebrows are scrunched together.

His hair is a mop of black, which is sticking out in all directions from running his hands through it for a thousand times. He has a peculiar habit of sticking his hands in his hair, whenever a climax or a dramatic scene takes place. I am lying down on the couch, my head resting on the arms of the sofa, and from my vantage point, I can see his full body. My feet are tucked behind Aaron – which took a lot of protesting from my side to sit in that position and him about how whining he won't get any place to sit, which further led to me poking him in the butt several times and he threatening to tie my legs together.

He is wearing a black t-shirt, which is stretched against his biceps, and there is an inexplorable urge in me to go touch it. He is ripped in all the right places. I am trying very hard not to feel his ass up with my feet, which is in all honesty, a bit creepy. Who gets turned on by rubbing their feet against ass, it's a foot fetish nation trait, so the fact that I can slightly feel how taut and shapely it is, is mortifying.

It's not my fault, it's the grey yoga pants he's wearing. Everyone knows boys with yoga pants are killer and should be locked away for gazing purposes only. His eyes are bright, almost dark green and I giggle as he takes a sharp intake of breath at the scenes unfolding in front of him on the TV screen.

All is well and comfortable, but I will tell you what the problem is when it comes to lying on a super soft and plush couch like this – I get sleepy. The scenes on TV are getting blurry and there's a slight relaxation seeping in my bones through my limbs.

I don't know how long I dozed off for, even though I could swear I was awake a minute ago. My feet are light and cool and I open my eyes to see Aaron is gone form the couch and the TV is turned off. I hear voices coming from the door, and I wake up groggily, with my mouth dry and my a slight headache. I definitely didn't doze off for just a minute.

I rub my eyes when I stop dead in the motion.

Voices from the door.

Aaron isn't here.

Holy fucking shit.

"DAD!" I tumble down from the couch, "It's not what it looks like!"

I half sprint towards the door and I yelp in agony when my little toe gets stubbed on a side table. Of all the times, it could have happened! I register the pain for a second before I am half stumbling, half running towards the door, "I don't even know him, he's no one! I wasn't getting jiggy with hi-"

I stop dead in my tracks as I take in the scene in front of me. The pain in my toe is long forgotten and I can feel my cheeks growing hotter.

Aaron breaks the silence, "So you don't know me?"

Ellie stifles a giggle beside him and I shoot daggers at her with my eyes. I clear my throat, "I thought that was my Dad."

"Why would he be here?" Ellie squints at me, her hair half up, half down in a silk ribbon, bobbing as she looks at me and then Aaron.

"So I am No one?" Aaron's jaw goes rigid and his eyes are spitting fire at me.

"I didn't mean it," I plead, "I thought it was my Dad."

"So you'll tell him I am no one? Instead of just accepting we're friends." Aaron said. "We are, aren't we?"

"Of course we are!" I say exasperated.

"Hey hey, there's no reason to fight now," Ellie buffers between us, but apparently that has no effect.

"Also, I'd expect you to accept it if you get jiggy with me."

I snort at his response, "As if that would ever happen."

I realize a second after I said what I said how terrible it sounded. Aaron goes stiff and Ellie looks at me like you'd look at a crackhead.

"Of course," Aaron fixes me with a sinister laugh and I flinch, "Why would you? After all, I am such a loser."

He slams the door shut on my face, leaving me stunned and my whole body stings with the vibrations of his words. I rush after him in the hallway only to see that he is nowhere in sight, he's already gone.

"Lex," Ellie looks at me sympathetically, "Give him time, he'll come around."

"I didn't mean it," my voice sounds defeated to my own ears as I plop my head down on Ellie's shoulders.

She runs her fingers through my hair and replies in a soothing voice, "I know you didn't and he will know soon enough too. Don't cry."

I whip my head up and touch my face frantically, relieved to feel it's dry, "I am not crying."

"You sound like you are."

"I... just," I sigh, "I don't want him to be mad or hurt because of me."

"He won't be. You'll apologize and it'll be fine."

I tug at the ends of my ponytail; it's so blonde, I should probably color it a darker shade, "He watched reign with me."

Ellie looks amused, "And isn't that enough of a reason to know that he will forgive you."

"You don't watch it, and yet you would," I say, dryly.

"Then don't test the theory with me."

"I should probably call him or go over at his place."

"Lex," Ellie says. "Give him time, you have a study session with him tomorrow anyway, don't you?"

"He won't even let me in." I snicker.

"Bullshit, he will, you know he will."

I nod my head yes but I don't feel it in my chest. He probably won't even let me enter his house, let alone step foot inside his room. I shouldn't have said that; I panicked and lashed out. The worst part is that I probably wouldn't even say those things in front of my Dad if he actually did show up. And the sex part has me cowering in shame, good God! I said he wouldn't sleep with him because he's a friend, not because he's a loser or I didn't consider him handsome.

Let's face it, he's definitely one of the hottest ones on campus and he has a certain easy charm about him, which makes him approachable. And he brought me ice cream.

"He brought me ice cream," I smile absently.

"Such a boyfriend material, no?"

Ellie's laughter dies down with a smack as I throw a pillow at her face. End of conversation.

_______________________________________

GO TO THE CHAPTER 'COVERS❤️' RIGHT NOW AND HELP ME CHOOSE A WONDERFUL COVER I'M SO CONFUSED.

also, how did you like the chapter? Do you think Aaron's anger is justified? 👉👈

Also I'm thinking of Madison Lewis as Alexis. But I'm still confused about Aaron. Drop your ideas below!