CHAPTER 36

Alexis

"You're really channelling your Queen Bitch energy, aren't you?" Andrew asks from behind me.

"I just don't like her."

"It was one incident, Lex, you need to let it go."

"So?" I shriek, "She left me out in the frigid cold!"

Andrew sighs and I tilt my head in defiance, turning to the bar.

I ordered a sprite about ten minutes ago, but I will probably sprout gray hair and saggy boobs by the time the man brings it up from the storage. What's he doing there, jerking off to the sprite bottles? I didn't even ask for alcohol, because I have zero alcohol tolerance and also because that, combined with a strapless dress and high heels are a terrible, terrible combination. I ask for enough trouble without doing the combo.

"All I am saying is don't be rude to her," Andrew continues.

"I wasn't rude," I reply curtly.

"No of course you weren't rude," He hops on the bar stool beside mine, "you were a straight up bitch."

I bite back a smile, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Fine don't talk about it if you want, I'll just ask better questions."

"Alright, ask away."

"What's going on with Liam?"

I am glad I don't have any sprite in my mouth, because I would have spit it out like a lawn sprinkler in classic soap opera fashion.

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean."

"Uh, no I don't," I say nonchalantly, in a classic pathological liar fashion. Hopefully.

"Fine, I'll say it out for you," Andrew grits out, "Is he cheating on me?"

Holy hell this is worse than I thought. I make a mental note to bang Liam on the head for his stupid idea to keep Andrew in the dark about the song.

"Drew, you can't be serious, you know he loves you."

"Does he though?" he looks so miserable, "He's been very distant."

"Cmon now, that's no reason to think he's been cheating. It's probably all the coursework," Or the effort he's putting in so you can have a Disney moment.

"Lex, no, I'd have known if it were that, he also sneaks out to God knows where!"

"Washroom?" I suggest innocently, a moment before I figure out how dumb it actually sounds.

"Shut up Lex." He replies dryly.

"Where do you think he goes?" I am shit scared of his answer because my heart is breaking for him in the I-am-going-to-write-a-sad-song-about-you-and-make-sure-it-tops-the-charts kind of way.

"Drew, he loves you," I put a reassuring hand on his thigh, "You know he'd never do this to you."

"There's really no other explanation for this."

"There are a thousand other explanations for it!"

"Like what?"

"Maybe he's planning something for you," I bite my cheek before I go all out about the song.

He takes the bait and scrunches his eyes at me, "What is it, Alexis?"

"I don't know. I am just giving you an option."

Andrew sighs, "I don't know what to think."

My heart absolutely breaks at his face but I'm helpless.
"Stop overthinking and go talk to him. I am pretty sure it's nothing like the made up scenario in your head."